Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This stuff just happen to me or am i not alone????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigmeats, Aug 20, 2000.

1. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Bare with me i just need to vent a little!!

Since the day I started project "75 Blazer" Most things that could go wrong have. I rip the boots on my tie rods and screw up the threads, I say ahh what the heck ill just buy new ones. Go the the local auto parts store and volia they have them, go to put them on, no zerk fitting, no boots, no castle nuts in the boxes, make a trip back to the store turns out they gave me the last two in stock said they let me know when they get more in.

All excited i go to the auto body paint shop to get my paint for the dash , the jams, and the doors. Pick out the perfict blue to match the rino-lining,($65 a quart) only to start to spray the doors and it is the total wrong color! :(

There i feel a little better now. Hope i did not bring any body down, but if there was anyone who could relate to this im guessing it the fine people of CK5

thanks for the vent,
    Carl....75 Blazer....Manhattan Il

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

3. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Believe me pal you are not the only one. I have had the summer from hell. I have spent the whole summer trying to rebuild my stolen then smashed 87'. Just when you think you are getting there something has to go wrong. Like this for example I painted the Tub out side I had a large canopy type tent covering it. Everything went well, I was higher than a kite. I went to work the next day and it rained all day. When I got home some water pooled on the top and the weight brought the whole tent down on top of my freshly painted truck. ugggggh... Dented the roof..... arrrrr.. but with more work and sweat she is all fixed up. only 2 weeks or so left. When I get the pics scanned I will post them, just keep workin at it.. you will get there...

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

4. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Hey, I hear you man. I seem to have those days all the time. I just laugh and keep going. Hang in there partner.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

5. Naw it's not just you. Last week, I had to take out the rear and front driveshafts to replace the U-joints. This was a big deal for me since the most I had done previously was change my oil and pull up carpet.

Things were going great til I scratched up the machined part inside of my transfer case extension and then broke a nice piece off when I tried to get the seal out. Needless to say I had to replace it. It went back together fine though and nice it rides smoother than ever. So it does usually end up just fine.