Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This sucks trying to work in here... or even walk

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jul 11, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Been trying to work ona motor... actually, a bunch of stuff. Takes me like 2 hours to find proper bolts. Takes some carefull walking to not trip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    As Paul Sr.(from American Chopper) would say..."Vinny...Take a day off". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

That's pretty bad man.

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

looks like my garage /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

One word...
    WOW!

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

every once in a while, i go and pick up all my tools, bolts and trash from previous months of work. It resets the stage for another round of wrenching /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Time to spend some time cleaning up /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

looks like our garage but you atleast have goodys in your garage, ours has that much room, but theres nothing in it, just a buncha crap lol

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Mine looked like that. So I've started a few projects directly aimed at getting it under control.

First was a pass through to get rid of everything that was not likely to be used in the near future. Some was given away, some was hauled for junk. Of course I've run across a half dozen things I got rid of that I wish I had for this or that, but over all it was a good thing.

Next up I built a welding table with storage for some fab tools, fixtures, and shorts. Welding cart for the obvious and related tools plus built in power supply (for welder, plasma, and grinders) to cut down on extension cords. Next up, large full length (18') shelves. And just today, a roll around sheet metal cart. It's amazing how much floor space I have now...

[Edit]
    Here is a pic of the shelves. My shop actually is cleaner than it was in those pics now that everything is on the shelves. And I mean "everything" that is not to big, heavy, and in immediate use goes on the shelves. Just to help spread things out a bit, and to deal with things like shovels, hoses, etc. I'm going to put peg board and more shelves on the back wall. There is another post over there that shows my sheet metal cart.

8. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    As Paul Sr.(from American Chopper) would say..."Vinny...Take a day off". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HA! I just watched that episode last night. Paul Senior has his head up is behind. Paul Jr. ought to start up his own shop w/ Vinnie and leave Dad on his own to complain and whine. Jr. is the one with all the ideas, everytime Dad picks up a wrench, there's trouble!

Allen, I think I see a few items in those pictures I sold you! From my garage floor to yours, isn't that what it's all about!?

Eric M.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    everytime Dad picks up a wrench, there's trouble!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen his lazy ass pick up a wrench. That is one thing that pisses me off about that show, dad knows everything yet he never works.

10. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    everytime Dad picks up a wrench, there's trouble!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen his lazy ass pick up a wrench. That is one thing that pisses me off about that show, dad knows everything yet he never works.

[/ QUOTE ] I concor, The only time I ever saw Dad, pick up a wrench was when they took in that high school kid and Dad annd the kid put together a old school chopper with a chromed frame, cool bike, but the only time I ever saw the old man pickup a wrench. and what gives with his attitude, custom shiite takes custom time, he should know that! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Dang Russ!!!! That looks much better. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Wanna come over and help out our garage?????? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Must be an Allan thing. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

12. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HA! I just watched that episode last night. Paul Senior has his head up is behind. Paul Jr. ought to start up his own shop w/ Vinnie and leave Dad on his own to complain and whine. Jr. is the one with all the ideas, everytime Dad picks up a wrench, there's trouble!

Allen, I think I see a few items in those pictures I sold you! From my garage floor to yours, isn't that what it's all about!?

Eric M.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not true ever see that bike him and that kid built? Not really my style of bike but it was a good looking bike.

Nick

13. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats not true ever see that bike him and that kid built? Not really my style of bike but it was a good looking bike.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Cody" bike? I've got no doubt Pops can or use to build bikes, but all he does now is complain and work on those bicepts at the gym (probably so he can still get away with mouthing off so much!).

Vinny said it best when he said, "What sells our bikes is our BIKES, not our tidy shop or spotless floors". Jr. was right on the money when he said they should hire a kid to clean up and let us build bikes.

You know .... I'm thinkin' I might be watching too much TV these days ....

Eric M.

14. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

and now back to the THREAD at hand.......

DAMN THOSE ARE SOME HEAVY DUTY SHELVES!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ok, back to the HIJACK, Pauly SR. does have skills, that even both his boys admit to. He built a steel fab empire for pete sakes. And I adhere to his school of thought, a clean work are makes for a better work enviroment, put tools back when you are done. Throw your trash away. Clean your area at the begining or end of the day. !!!

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

*ahem*

IT'S A STUPID REALITY SHOW, THEY'RE ACTING!