Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jboyes, Aug 27, 2005.

1. jboyes

jboyes 1/2 ton status

Went out this evening to do a little wheeling. Couldn't find any mud 'cause it hasn't rained here in about 7-8 weeks so decided to climb some hills. There are a lot of people that dump trash out there. I went over a hill and on the way down I hit a TOILET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was buried in some small bushes. Hit it with my front right tire, 38.5 Boggers with less than 300-400 miles on them. The toilet busted and ran a piece of porcelin (sp) throught the middle of the tire. A gash about 8-10 inches long. This was the first time I had it out wheeling since I spent about $5000 getting everything how I wanted it. Now I'm gonna have to shell out another 300 for a new tire. Just wanted to vent my anger (at myself). I know it was my fault for not walking the path over the hill b4 I went but geeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz a freakin' TOILET! Why couldn't it have been a trash can or something.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

One tire down the chitter.

3. jboyes

jboyes 1/2 ton status

I wonder if there is any kind of "road hazard" warranty on them. I got them from National Tire and Wheel. I looked at my receipt but didn't see anything so I bet not. I am going to call them tomorrow or Monday and check on it but I doubt it. It SUCKS!

4. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

I hear you on that. the first time i went out'' quincedently''with 38.5 boggers .i found some mud then got them spining good.when i got out one had slicees all around it . there was a board with nails in it.some one used to get out.

5. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

thats wher i got mine. mine have a no question garentee.

6. jboyes

jboyes 1/2 ton status

Was it something that you bought when you got the tires or is it on all tires they sell?

That also sucks about the board. Why can't people just get pulled out or pick up after themselves after they use a bunch of crap to get out of a hole? If I ever have to use something to get out I always pick it up because you never know, I might be the next one to get stuck there.

7. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

One of the reasons my club spends a decent amount of time every year as i am sure a substantial amount of people here do, cleaning stuff up that sucks about the tire

8. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

that sucks man your back now but heres a trick i used once
    i was wheeling with a large group and cut a tire about 3" i sewed it together with bailing wire about 5 stiches and used sticky plugs it worked all the way home too

balzer

NOTE: maybe it wouldnt work on a gash that big though :doah:

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

This will be one of the stories that goes into the annals of road hazard history.