Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This sucks.

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Danno, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Well, I just did some reading on my low altitude setup, and have determined it's going to be a pain to convert it to high altitude spec. Gotta buy all kinds of solenoids for the vaccuum system, possibly do some rewiring. Grrrrr...

I'm sure some of the current components are failing, which is why I'm getting such a huge amount of smoke when I attach my EGR valve to the vaccuum system.

Anyone else out there done this before?

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires

2. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just unhook my egr and plug the vaccum line. Runs better and less smoke. Try running some Stanadyne Performance Formula through it. I may just need "cleaned" out.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.stanadyne.com>http://www.stanadyne.com</a>

Look for a dealer in your area and get some of the stuff. I noticed a difference right off the bat.

Secondly, is your air filter dirty? Do you have a restrictive flow for the air to come in? I redesigned mine and made 4 inch PVC pipe my air intake!!
    Laters

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!

3. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

I just put a new air filter on it (although it was a cheap one from NAPA), and it seems to run OK right now with my EGR disconnected, but I'd like for everything to be functional and set up for the altitude.

Time for more research.

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires

4. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I reconnected my egr valve, because with it disconnected it seemed to produce alot of grey smoke.

1984 GMC Jimmy 379 diesel, 700R4, 3.73s, 31x10.50 x 15