Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This sucks!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Apr 7, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I pulled a muscle in my lower back last Monday. Went to the doctor and got pain pills and muscle relaxers.

On Tuesday, I was trying to cough with as little pain as possible. I coughed once and hit the floor in pain. I could not move at all. The muscle spazms were so intense, all I could do was lay there.

Luckily my sons were home on spring break. I eventually had to call an ambulance to help me off the floor and take me to the ER.

I hate to take pills, but without them, the pain is terrible. I am finally able to sit in a chair. This is the first time I have been on-line in a week.

This sucks. I probably will not make it to EJS this year. I have the 454 done and ready to install in the 71 Chevelle. The 396 is done and ready to go into the 72 Chevelle. My vacation starts tomorrow and I will be home bound for most of it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I was going to quit smoking last week, but the doctor told me not to quit until my back is healed because when a person quits smoking, the body will cough alot (to clear out the lungs)and this will not help the situation. So I have to wait a little longer to quit smoking. Seems ironic, huh?? A doctor telling me to continue smoking.

I feel freaking helpless. I can not even lift a gallon of milk without pain. Now the kids are back in school and my wife is at work, so I have to carry a phone with me (even to the bathroom) just in case I need to call for help. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This seems to happen every couple of years. The only thing the doctor will do is give me pills for the pain and tell me to let time heal it.

Anyone else have similar problems??

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

if you feel like coming to california i can get you free chiropractic services... sorry to hear bout the chevelles... er i mean your back /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sorry too hear about your pain. Lately my chest has been feeling tight, with my left arm hurting. I'm afraid to go to the doctor becouse I don't want to hear it's heart attacks. I know I should, but I'm bull-headed about health issues. Becides, I know what he'll say, Quit smoking, and loose wieght. I'm a good 100 pounds over wieght, and smoke way too much. But I'm weak, I love too eat, and I smoke when I'm bored.

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I have a pars fracture of L-5, also known as spondylothesis. Basicall a cracked vertabrae. It bothers me just like you described once in a while.

John

5. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lately my chest has been feeling tight, with my left arm hurting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go TO THE FAWKING DOCTOR MAN!!!!

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

A few years ago I had the same thing. Went to the ER, told them I was having chest pains, arm hurt, shortness of breath, stabbing pains. Doc listened to my heart, asked me about my eating habits, I told them they sucked, I didn't have eating habits. I just eat. He prescribed some zantac or whatever it was called back then and told me to go home!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifI thought I was gonna die. Anyway, not saying it's no big deal but go to the doctor man. Heart attacks kill most people you know.

7. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Paul,
    That could be thyroid or a plethora of other things. I take synthroid for my thyroid. I had those symptoms and they rushed to the hospital about a year ago. No heart attach, just hypo-thyroid.

Geez, looking over my last two posts I am in rough shape for 39...

John

8. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

I FEEL YOU'RE PAIN!!!!!!

i started out that way to, doc gave me pill's and told me to take it easy off work for a couple week's.
    felt better, went back to work for 2 week's. hurt again.
    back to the doc..
    he said, i thought this would happen, you need back surgery.
    yep, at 26 i had reconstructive back surgery.
    it suck's, i know what it's like to cough and end up on the floor.
    i'm better know but my back is screwed for life. i can't sit for long peroid's or stand for long peroids, have to keep moving and doing somthing.
    i'm sure he told you not to put heat on it right??
    you need to put ice pack's on it, as you're back is swelling inside and you need to draw the swelling out.
    well ok i'm not a doc and i don't know you're exact condition so don't take that as gospal.
    that's just what they told me is the most comen mistake.
    good luck and hope it work's out.

dave

9. MOABDADC22

[ QUOTE ]
    i'm sure he told you not to put heat on it right??
    you need to put ice pack's on it, as you're back is swelling inside and you need to draw the swelling out.

[/ QUOTE ] That is exactly what he told me.

I am going to the doctor again tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

well... I sprained my ankle over a month ago and still hurt... does that count for anything? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I pulled a muscle in my back in basic training and it was definitely one of the most painful experiences of my life. Good luck man.

12. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

The wife had a similar go 'round this past January...Back spasms sorta across the Kidney/lower back...she was told to go to the Chiropractor and take Vicodin...about 3 weeks into it they did an MRI and found a Gallstone...went in and popped her gall bladder out, and she felt Fine Immediately...How much can you do to those Chevelles in this condition? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. MOABDADC22

Re: This sucks!!!!!! UPDATE Woo Hoo!!

Well, last night I slept on the floor. After about 20 minutes, I got up..........the pain was 90% GONE!!!

I think I may have slipped a disc and the disc was pressing on a nerve. it feels so much better now.

I spent about 6 hours in the garage today. Both the 454 and the 396 are 100% ready to install. I need to get my lift plate back from a buddy tomorrow. With any luck, I will have both Chevelles running by Friday. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif