Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This sucks

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by k5blazerus, Nov 2, 2003.

1. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

JUst got back from some snow wheeling up around the broken top area. I was doing fine untill I broke a shock bolt and Damaged something in the dana 60. IT makes a nice growling noise. I took it apart when I got back to see what was wrong. I checked everything. The gears are fine the spider gears are fine the carrier bearings are fine. I was spinning the pinion and I notice that it was not spining right. What I found was the inner pinion bearing race broke. I have no clue how it broke. So now its snowing hear I have no 4x4 and My 38 cepeck's are bald. Guess I am going to have to put my swampers back on or slip and slide with my cepecks and locker.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn that sucks.

Only reason I can think of and have seen as to why races brake is because something is rubbing to hard and/or not enough fluid/grease

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but atleast you are getting snow /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but atleast you are getting snow

[/ QUOTE ]
    Shannon, you just need to move to this side of the cascades. its been snowing here all day /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

we got snow here today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    but its all melted now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    As far as that bearing, im whith muddytaz. Did you hit the front end on something, could have been hit by a rock or something /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif