Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this ticks me of!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, May 13, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my neighbor complains that my truck is to loud. i have a 350 with headers, and dual 2.25" pipes with dynomax turbos, no cats or tailpipes. it is kinda loud but its not what I call loud by anymeans! lol..this lady is like 70 something years old. and has no life. so my dad says well im going to put quiter mufflers and tailpipes on there. tailpipes ill go for but not some cheap "sound solution" mufflers. well this mourning i glance at my truck getting in the car..(grounded from truck for a week) and see part of my exhaust sitting in front of the garage. wtf!? i look under there and everything is gone but for the headers..guess my dad took it upon himself to change it! man i have no friggen control over my truck at all! i was not happy. whats a truck with out it being nice and loud. maybe im still a kid and think like a kid but that still ticks me of! sorry just had to vent!

2. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

im in he saeboat my neighbors are kinda cool and keep to themselves. are there any noise regulations for harleys or moorcycles in genereal cause some of those fawkers are incredibly loud.

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

take a drill and make your dad a performance muffler

<--350 w/headers & glasspacks, i have to go uphill to get to my house and i get off work at 1am /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

your frigen 16 WTF do you expect? when you get your own place and pay all your own bills you can piss off the neighbors all you want.

jeeze i'm getting old.

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

did you pay for the truck or did he?

are they your neighbors or his?

who will get the disturbance tickets?

who has to live there after you move out?

Actually, I like a quiet exhaust on the trail...you can actually hear yourself think. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    your frigen 16 WTF do you expect? when you get your own place and pay all your own bills you can piss off the neighbors all you want.

jeeze i'm getting old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha Aint that the truth! I'm in the same boat. I was about to rip the flow masters off the 79 before we decided to sell it because "it was too loud". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That sucks dude why don't you get you some nice 50 series flowmasters and tailpipes out the back it'll sound better than turbos and won't be as loud at idle just don't get after it till you get away from the house that way you'll keep the neighbors and your dad happy being young is tough man good luck

8. yellowK20

Also you should go to 2-1/2" pipe that'll give you a deeper more aggresive sound not just loud and raspy like 2-1/4 " pipes do /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

you should get some exhaust cut outs, (hehehehe) /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I know how to fix this one...Move Out!
    Just giving you a hard time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But it would solve your problem

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. When I lived with my parents I had a 75 Firebird with headers and header glasspacks. It would rattle my neighbors windows. They complained like crazy and my parents begged me to put a quieter exhaust on it. Never did though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

you know wat i wouold do? after he has the new system put in, go to a friend's house with a sawsall or grinder and cut the muffler off and run straight pipe. thats on my sub right now and my dad hates it but its my truck so he cant do ne thing.

13. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

cant beat what you are (16). go playing and say you busted it when you get ungrounded. drill holes in it and comprimise for now till you do get control.

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

umm i payed for it..he didnt pay a dime for it. and i pay for eveyrthing that goes in to it..and always do the work..or have help with it anyway. and i pay for insurance as well..im not getting any free rides hear. i also work a lot to pay for this. thats why it pisses me of that i work this much at this age to pay for my truck..and i cant even have it the way i want it! that old hag could cry all she wants..i really dont care..she can call the cops but i garuntee they wont do anything about it. and another thing...this whole system that is in the truck..(that he took out) is just about brand new..mufflers and everything. what a waste!!

15. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

You may have paid for the truck, and may pay for everything that goes into it, but you still live at your parents' house. The neighbors are not just yours, they are neighbors of your parents as well. When you have your own crib, feel free to piss off everybody. Until then, I assume the addage 'my house, my rules' applies.

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok theres a guy down the street form me with an 83 k30 with a vortec 350 with glass packs..and im not sure what else but that thing is loud! makes mine seem quite. no one complains about him..and also this ladys son lives with her..drives a old honda..and i swear there isnt a car that hes owned that had a desecnt exhuast system on it. loud peices of crap. i should get on her about that! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. yellowK20

Dude some people would complain if you hung them with anew rope don't let it get to you we all have to do $h!t we don't want to Just get some good high flowin' mufflers and some 21/2 or 3 inch pipe and call it good consider it a "forced upgrade" and ask your dad to help pay for new exhaust since he's makin' ya do it just make sure ya ask nice /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh no! lol..thats one thing im not paying for..i told him..if ur ganna make me do this ur paying for it! so thats whats happening! lol..

19. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yellow, you got a real thing for large diameter exhaust pipe, don't you? 3" duals is so much more flow than a smallblock needs, he'd be killing the low end torque in it. Unless it's seriously worked and a high RPM engnine, 2.25 is really the best way to go for duals. 2.5 will work, but it's not neccessary for a torque motor, just for one that you wrap out to 5k+ RPM on a regular basis.</font>

20. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ok theres a guy down the street form me with an 83 k30 with a vortec 350 with glass packs..and im not sure what else but that thing is loud! makes mine seem quite. no one complains about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know nobody complains about him? And the point still is, this dude doesn't live at YOUR house, under YOUR FATHER'S rules. Why are you so worried about everyone else? Your parents laid down the law, deal with it.