Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this ticks me off!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75k5, Sep 18, 2006.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

the city of phoenix had an auction I think two or three weeks back,

on their website they listed these police light bars, sure enough some one bought em, I like how they sell crap like this, then from time to time on the news we hear about people getting pulled over and robbed in rural and even city areas by police impersonators.

if the city is even willing to say you need to add clear lenses to these, why the f#$% do they sell em at austion the the red and blues on!

:mad:
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/208286892.html

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Probably not a great idea, but you can order those anytime. Or just spray some if you are cheap.

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

i understand that, but making so many available, so easily and so cheap? now any azz hat can go on craigslist and start freaking people out:crazy:

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Smaller agencies with smaller budgets tend to buy stuff like that up. I wouldn't worry too much about some assclown buying it and then running around impersonating a cop. They'll fry their car more than likely..........................:D

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately, thats the same mentality and speech that the anti-gun crowd uses though.... "If we just get the guns off the street, crime will stop!"

Crimes don't happen because the tools to make crime easier are publicly available.... they happen because people are bad.

Not the best analogy because we're not constitutionally gauranteed the right to own & protect ourselves and families with police light bars, but the same principle applies. I wouldn't mind having one in my garage for S&G.

Just my $.02

6. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

A few years ago I impounded a guy doing just that. I am not a cop, just the impound guy. He had the red/blue strobes and everything. Police were not amused. Mostly because after talking to them at the scene, the perp had better equipment than they did :D

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

AMEN :bow::bow::bow::bow:

I went and ran 250 rounds through my pistol last night , practicing , thanking God I can protect my family :D

8. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Remember the good ol' days when the lights were slow and you could do it with a bottle each of Windex and Big Red? Local deputies busted my brother doing it for gags when he was about 15.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Back in the day and it's a good thing this stuff happened before I got my DL...................

My step mom worked for the state and worked out of her POV and had a Kojak light. My step brother borrows said car (had magnet signs for ID purposes, so they were off the car) and goes cruising. The Kojak was removed from the car after that when she wasn't working...................:haha:

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator