Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This toyota guy just got a blazer for towing... Be afraid :D

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Skyetone, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

Well, I am skyetone.
    I just got a 70 blazer in fairly decent shape for dirt cheep. Need motor and maybee a tranz....
    So far this is my intro... I will ask stupid Q's as they are deemed stupid /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Funny...I never see Chevy guys towing their chevy's w/ Toyota's...I wonder why?

OK enough w/ the ribbing. The nice thing is that you will have the same bolt patern on both trucks. I would start w/ getting it running than start thinking about upgrades to make it tow worthy...like a trans cooler (stacked plate type like B&M makes) and disc brakes (71- came with disc brakes...you would just have to swap that stuff in).

Welcome to the board! Post some pics ASAP.

Oh...and fill out your profile so we know some more about you.

3. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

well it is an 8lug..14 or 44? has the bolts on the rear hub, is that a FF?
    It has front disks and rear disks that may or may not last...Screwey deal. I am into the deal like 450$ for the blazer the truck(axles78) and a toy with a chev motor/t-350-205
    How do you know if the calipers are the same for all the years of axles? The 78 has calipers and the 70 doesnt.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The difference in calipers between D44 and 10Bolt (1/2 and 3/4 ton) is the threads for the banjo fitting. The 10B is the one w/ the smaller threads. Just get calipers and banjo bolts that will fit into the flex lines you have.