Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This useless bitch is coming to my town

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Sep 1, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

ADVERTISEMENT

Antiwar mom coming to GJ

Thursday, September 01, 2005

By DANIE HARRELSON

The Daily Sentinel

The mother of a slain U.S. soldier whose vigil outside the Western White House is winding down brings her antiwar pleas to town this month.

Cindy Sheehan will speak to Mesa State College students and faculty Sept. 15. A second forum for the public is planned.

Local organizers scheduled the presentation about a week before Sheehan starting making headlines.

“She was a little-known name, but she was doing great work,” said Karen Sjoberg of Grand Valley Peace and Justice, one of the event’s sponsors.

What’s happened since local organizers booked the little-known peace activist should bring out a bigger crowd than initially anticipated, Sjoberg said.

Voice of Reason and Mesa State College Catholic Campus Ministry joined Grand Valley Peace and Justice in sponsoring Sheehan’s visit.

Sheehan is scheduled to speak at 3 p.m. in the recital hall of Mesa State’s Moss Performing Arts Center. A second presentation at Liff Auditorium starts at 7 p.m.

Sjoberg said organizers geared the first presentation toward students and faculty.

Neither presentations require tickets, but donations are welcomed.

Sheehan and a few dozen antiwar activists arrived Aug. 6 in Crawford, Texas. Their followers have since ballooned and bunkered down off the main road leading to President Bush’s ranch. Critics, who accuse Sheehan of hurting soldiers’ morale in Iraq and using the death of her 24-year-old son, Casey, to push the liberal agenda of groups backing her, followed suit with their own counter-rallies.

Sheehan’s supporters headed out Tuesday on a three-week bus tour of the country. The “Bring Them Home Now Tour” wraps up Sept. 24 with a march in Washington, D.C.

Sheehan had pledged to remain at “Camp Casey” for the duration of Bush’s August vacation unless he agreed to meet with her about Casey’s death. The president never met with Sheehan but said he sympathizes with her and acknowledges her right to protest the war.

Sheehan and other families of fallen soldiers met with Bush last year about two months after Casey died.

Danie Harrelson can be reached via e-mail at dharrelson@gjds.com.

Maybe I'll see if I can make it to her speech and get in a swift kick to the twat. :mad:

In case you hadn't heard, her latest speech was about how Bush caused Hurricane Katrina: Cindy Sheehan, with the sort of desperation that comes at the end of 15 minutes of fame, declared Bush was "heading to Louisiana to see the devastation that his environmental policies and his killing policies have caused."

On second thought, she needs two kicks to the twat.

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Oh geez, what a kook... I think lack of closure and heartless/self-serving liberal nourishment has taken a serious toll on Ms. Sheehan's mental health.

I'm curious... What work is it that's she's doing exactly? I'm not sure I'd call sitting at the edge of a huge property where the person you want to see can't see you any kind of work...
    That's like saying "I'm going to drive around this block until my car turns into a flying carpet, or I die." Ummm, ok, sure, go ahead. :waytogo: :screwy:

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would go and ask her if her son was drafted, or signed up too go of his own free will. I'd also ask her how it feels too disshonor her son's memory and the memorys of all our fallen service personal who dies for our country.

4. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

arnt her other 2 children joining the military also?

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

What sickens me the most about her is she has not 1 clue that it was thousands of HEROES just like her son that allow her the freedom to preach this blasphemy spouting out of her brainwashed liberal mouth.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Not only did he sign up voluntarily, he asked to be sent back into combat and asked to be sent on the extremely dangerous misiion that ultimately killed him.

Sheehan is a complete nutjob and possibly in need of a full frontal lobotomy to calm her rabid Bush hatred, short of that the only laymans solution for her is as stated before; swiftie to the twat.

7. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Did you hear that this crazy wench blamed the Hurricane soley on Bush and his evironmental policies? What in the world? What kind of dumbass statement is that? Someone kill her

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Dude, you gonna go down there? I know I would if I wasn't 4 hours away, take me a good sign, too. I can't friggin stand that psycho woman. And guys, her husband DIVORCED her for this. :haha: I think he filed on the 10th of august over this.

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

As soon as I saw it I called the wife and said I was going and she says "Hell no, you'll get way too pissed of and get arrested for doing something stupid and we'll be all over the paper"

I just can't believe that my tax dollars are going to fund this c*nt to come and give her anti-Bush tirade.

Here's a laugh for you:

The widely circulated photo:

[​IMG]
    "Ohhh, the poor Mommy lost her little boy, and Rev. Al and the unknown lady on the right give their sincere sympathy"

The big picture:

[​IMG]
    Can you say "work it for the cameras"?

10. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

By the title, I thought you were talking about Jane Fonda. :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

11. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

She's (and the libs) pissed about the Katrina because it interrupted her bull**** and stole her spotlight. My sympathy goes out to her husband not only did he lose a son but his wife cracked up too.

12. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I thought that you were talking about Hanoi Jane for a minuite, but sorry dude I won't wate any of my time listening about Chit like this. No offense to you, if you know what I mean.

13. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

what a kook..... :mad:

her son's rolling over in his grave....

do the "Cindy doesn't speak for me" thing.... if she comes to Joysey, i'll magicmarker it in my back window.... :haha:

14. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You know I had SOME sympathy for her up until I heard her on NPR. (boy they aren't biased or anything are they?)

How she went on and on about just anything to bash Bush was sickening. The only reason she is doing this is because of the reinforcement she is getting from all those other nutjobs out there. If they weren't there, she'd be able to go through a normal grieving process. She's a puppet and does not even realize it.

It's been mentioned that her son volunteered. Yeah, that's true. If she hates Bush and loved her son so much that his death would change her life in the way it has, WHY THE HELL DID SHE LET HIM JOIN? There are only two answers: his conviction was so strong that he would have done it anyway, or it didn't matter to her until she was directly affected. It was ok for everyone elses kids to die, but as soon as hers did, the war and Bush were wrong.

As an aside, I love how the protesters are anti-war, but the counter protesters are pro-war. Umm, I can't think of too many people that are "pro-war". I can think of plenty that are pro-USA, pro-Bush, pro-military, or pro-freedom, but pro-any of those doesn't mean you are "pro-war".

15. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

one of the most cogent statements i've seen in awhile.. props to you... :waytogo:

16. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I also thought it was interesting that when the questions weren't goin the way she wanted she suddenly only had two minutes. I'm not really sure but why when she was spouting off her views in a national venue (NPR) was someone going to apparently yank the phone out of her hand unless she was making an excuse.

Pretty much lost any respect for her after that.

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

She needs to hear....

Someone should play Don Henley's song "Get Over It" for her... :surepal: ...nothing gonna bring her son back--not even blaming Bush..He said he was sorry--what more does she want?..financial damages for "pain and suffering"?..like she is the ONLY one who lost a loved one in a war nobody wants.. :mad:

And kick her in the head--thats where her brain is.(was?)..no sense in bruising a twat for nothing.. :haha:

Where do people get the money to go "on tour" and spread hate for our leaders anyway?? :confused: :crazy:

18. big4x4ride

big4x4ride 1/2 ton status

someone should cap her azz so she will STFU

19. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

too bad nobody would recognize her on the road. run her vehicle off the side of a mountain... ooops, my bad. :rolleyes:

20. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Balance Theory

Balance Point: Son's Death

Best Lean: Sorrow, pride, quiet or happy rememberance

Balanced: Stoicism, regret, acceptance

Worst Lean: Exploitation, vicarious mourning, activism

She smashed the ****ing bad end of the scale into the ****ing ground on this one