Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This war has got me thinking

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SkulzNBonz, Dec 3, 2005.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Being a Former Marine, I like warfare history. I keep hearing the bleeding hearts saying that too many Americans have lost their lives (2100+) in our current war, yet in one battle alone during WWII we lost 7000. This "War on Terror" is just as noble and justified as WWII (in my opinion). We have got to pursue the terrorists and those that wish to tell the free world how to live until they are erradicated, or their ideology is dead, or we will never be able to truly live in peace and security. How hard is that to understand?

John

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i agree

man i was listening to the new "left channel" on AM the other day,
    man the chick on there is wicked stupid, she played a sound byte of the pres. calling Iraqi people terrorists, she was like who the f is he to call them terrorists?
    I'm thinking to my self, well if you are an Iraqi and you blow up a bunch of your fellow countrymen, well damned if that don't make you a terrorist.
    stupid democrats war is for the republicans to fight, so shut your trap :mad:

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just remember these facts when it comes to liberals and the statements they make:

1. They were probably never shown enough love by mommy and daddy when growing up. If they were, then mommy and daddy is the reason why Roe v. Wade came into existance, though they were too ****ing stupid to realize it pertained to their worthless spawn.

2. They never have existed in a place I like to refer to as the real world. They went straight from their pampered existance in suburbia straight to some four year school and never knowing what the real world was like, took everything they heard there for granted and upon graduation, went back to suburbia in some cush gig in some office somewhere. They never did things like join the military or travel the country/world, living in different locales spending time with local folk. They never knew what it was like to be part of a team attempting to overcome challenge. They never know what it's like to utilize 2 feet high grass as a bed with no overhead cover in the middle of a rainstorm.

3. Their idea of what's going on in the world comes from whatever they read in the local news rag or see on the ten o'clock news. They've never been in the middle of something that's newsworthy or know people who have been there, so they are clueless.

4. Their idea of American History is that this country started by losing the Korean War and that those hippy protestors during Vietnam actually knew what they were talking about outside of the quality of their latest bong trip. Their idea of the Revolutionary War has the battle history listed as the Watts Riots and Martin Luther King, Jr as the commanding general.

5. Their idea of a true soldier is some ticket punching Naval officer who spent what, 4 months in-country? They think the grunts who pulled 12-13 month tours and saw places like Khe Sanh, Ia Drang Valley, Inchon, The Ardennes and other places in other remote places were REMF's who were just there because some government official told them so.

6. Their idea of a brutal dictatorship is the Republic of Texas, who lines up death row inmates and sends them off to their rightful spiritual place. They think that someone who runs around with goon squads, killing, raping and pillaging the poor folks who have never done anything bad are heros.

7. They are so narrow minded that they cannot think outside of some country's borders.

8. The term globalization has no bearing on their thought process.

9. They view the term "sacrifice" as a good word, as long as it's someone else doing the sacrificing.

10. They don't believe that someone, somewhere else has the right to believe what they want.

11. They view their own culture as the moral majority of the land. They have no understanding that someone somewhere else may have a culture slightly different as their own that guides them through their life; unless of course we are talking about cultures from some pisspot third world country streaming across some border somewhere and then they should have priority over everyone else.

12. Looking like a thug and acting like a thug to them is just people being misunderstood because their race was held down by every white person born between Jesus and the end of time.

13. They have no concept of force. Their idea of excessive force involves harsh words and nothing else. They have no idea that violence must sometimes be used to solve a situation. They think that someone shot by the police when the person is a different color than the police, the police have a misunderstanding of the whole situation.

14. And last but not least, they are just ****ing idiots.

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Their minds are so open their brains fell out.

5. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

I agree with you on this If this does not get done we will never truely be free again . I thank God and Pray for our tropps everyday but it is a valid Reason

We are there and should be there. I watched Hotel Ruanda last night with my gf she had to watch it for her Christian formation class but one part in the movie it is talking about a country in Civil war and it was said if we are there and we leave to early all that we fought for will be lost , and that is how it is here

Philip

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The left has a serious problem in that they have no standards. This is why, during the cold war, they talked about the struggle between the USA vs the USSR as if we were morally equals. Something like: 'it wasn't that one side was wrong, we were just the two biggest kids on the block.' All the while global communism is killing 100,000,000 people. The left practically **** their pants when Reagan (rightly) called the USSR an Evil Empire. It was both evil, and an Empire... so...

Anyway, they continue to have the same problem. If you have no standards, there is no right and wrong... no good and evil. They have a real problem calling anything evil, unless it happened 50 years ago or more, then they feel it is safe (ie. nazism).

Anyone who read Joseph Liebermans recent article on progress in Iraq saw his comments about the Marines. Over Turkey Day dinner he asked a Marine CO about the effect of the politcal left trying to stab out boys in the back... he said "I would guess that if the opposition and division at home go on a lot longer and get a lot deeper it might have some effect, but, Senator, my Marines are motivated by their devotion to each other and the cause, not by political debates."

Ask any left winger about that quote and they will probably scratch their head and say "what cause?". Those of us that are sane, know anything about American history and US military history know that "the cause" is individual liberty. "liberty and justice for all" as it were. Our grunts have seen the actions of the enemy... their heinous attrocities and their ambition to create another islamofascist dicatatorship. It is evil in our time, and the grunts know it. Some clowns, mostly sitting safe/sound on college campuses, even after 9/11, don't have a damn clue what evil is, how to stop the madmen who perpetrate it, or any appreciation for the sacrifices of the young Americans we have in uniform. It really is sickening.

Having been a grunt myself, I know that while they are over there it really doesn't matter what the left wing says. 90% of the crazy/brave things grunts do in combat they do because they want to help keep their friends alive. The other 10% is a mix of tradition, duty and conviction that they are doing to right thing. The reason the anti-military left wing becomes a problem is a) when the grunts come home and b) if they send the wrong signal to the enemy or c) if they create enough political pressure to stab out boys in the back. Other than that its just backround noise.

j

7. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

HUA

8. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Awesome Capt. Bubba. Good writing.

I often comment to my boys, and friends, that it does not seem as though we are at war. And the feminized "male" libs in the media rail against it daily. "Pull out the troops, withdraw!" with such vehement veracity that it is obvious they want us to lose. Therefore, they are traitors.

Honor, duty, loyalty, courage,...means nothing to them.

Having read and watched films of WWI and WWII for many years, you saw in civilians the self-determination to win. As Yockey said, the "will to power" to overcome any enemy.

Rush Limbaugh gave me my answer last week. Pres. Bush is our Commander and is leading our military well, but differently than total war.

Rush said if Bush were a "wartime" President..

1. Their would be 24 hr. a day proaganda on all media outlets supporting the war. (I would love it!)

2. Their would be rationing of all war materials, ie., fuel, metals, etc.
    ( I would make consumption decreases happily for my brothers in battle.)

3. Any terrorist found on American soil would be speedily executed.

4. Al-Jazeera would have been friggin blown off the face of the earth in the first days of the war. ( I still can't believe those bastards are in business!).

ETC.

Americans carry on consuming and comforting their pathetic little lives while American men and women serve to keep us safe, including the thankless, gutless ungrateful bunch who are oblivious to our soldiers sacrifices.

9. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

its spelled "Hooaaah"

and i agree with Bubba et.al.

most self proclaimed liberals have never spent a day in any form of service other than self-sevice, they have no idea what opression is other than what they read about, IF they take the time to read any books other than Hillary's autobiography.

these jokers usually dont have any friends or family in the service, its considered a poor path to take the silver spoon out of thier ass and do something for the country that allows them to lead the life and have the opportunity that they have.

i dont give 2 ****s about what any bleeding heart liberal has to say, they are still pissed that their boy Bill got caught getting head from a chubby chick with a big rack when he should have been looking out for our national defense.

we lost 18 Rangers in Somailia, what did Clinton do, pulled us out, and made muslim extemists the world over belive that all they have to do is kill a few of us and we will turn tail and leave.

if i get my numbers correct we lost 58,xxx in Vietnam, thats from 1961 to 1975.

weve only lost something like 2000 troops and only about half of that is from actual combat operations.

im appalled at people who have no military background attempting to decide what is important in our foriegn policy.

maybe we shouldent have gone into Iraq, fine but cutting and running is THE NUMBER ONE last thing that we need to do.

ill go back when they call. :mad:

10. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Hooaaah :D

Rubberfloormat, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Stick around, it only gets better! :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag:

11. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey Bubba, are you talking about rebublicans or democrats? Halfway through your post, I forgot. Seems like I hear a lot of the same broad generalizations from both sides. Some of you guys fuggin crack me up around here. Why can't we just talk about wheelin? I'm seriously considering cancelling my subscription to the national review and just coming to the lounge on a daily basis. :haha:

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

There is no party affilation related remarks in my post. While it is directed to those idiots of the liberal idealogy, there are some conservatives out there that need to leave their shell and get their hands dirty.................

13. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Welcome aboard, pull up a stool!

14. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Agreed. Your pretty damn funny for a cop. Sensible for the most part as well.

15. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

Hell Yeah I am Proud TO be an American!!!!! :truck: :usaflag:

:xmas: PS Merry Christmas TO Our Troops :waytogo:

16. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Wow the army actually has a correct spelling for their little grunt word?
    Marines just make grunting nosies and call it good, they get a gold star if they can actually form complete sentences. :haha:

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You know it's be a while, but once again I have come to the staunch realization that with out a doubt Liberals Suck

18. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

The opposition does "get it"

It's clear that the pointy headed liberal intellectuals who are in charge of the media, universities, etc, these days, who are leading the charge against this war are the direct descendants of the " useful idiots" ( as stalin called them) who thought there was nothing wrong with josef stalin, the khmer rouge, and other commies running the world.

They saw nothing wrong with US sovereignity going by the wayside, along with our constitution, bill of rights, etc, and letting the UN run things.

These people bet on a losing horse with communism becoming the dominant ideology, now their kids and like - thinkers have hitched their wagon to militant islam as the force that will do us in.

look at how hard the left in this country tries to confer constitutional rights on terrorists. Hell, former attorney general ramsey clark is on saddam's defense team. Ramsey was one of the anti war guys in the LBJ administration. You can bet he cheered when we let siagon fall, now he wants to re live what he thinks were the best years of his life.

Jimmy carter is the same way, and if you want a scare, do a google search on a guy named Noam Chomsky, and see what the educated leftists have to say. Also, keep an eye on the players involved in the iraq oil for food scandal.. marc rich, bill clintons final pardon when he left office is in it deep.

It's hard to believe I know, that there are citizens and leaders in this country that would be happy to have the US fall. these are the people who cheered about mogadishu, hate the military, and dream of the end of capitalism.

They're out there for real, and must be opposed at every turn. For us to finish the job over there means that the lefties lose again, that's why they won't see the light and support our president, and our troops. It's against their interests.

Tom

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok so we all know that the country is pretty much split down the middle. So I was wondering how anyone sees this country in 10, 15 or 20 years. Will we still be split or will one side dominate or will we end up in arms. Hey it ain't like it never happened before :thinking:

20. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not to hijack, but in the next 20-30 years I see liberals gaining power and guns being banned and a "disturbance" happening over the issue. Something tells me we'll make our last stand in Wyoming or Montana :haha: