Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This weekend SUCKED!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rick88blaze, Sep 17, 2005.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

A bunch of us here at Offutt planned on going wheeling this weekend down at Tuttle Creek, Ks at the Kansas Krawl. Well, it started Friday when a guy I work with and myself didn't even know if we were going to get today off or not. We found out at 6pm last night that we were getting today off. So, I called my wife who had gone shopping for me and my 2 boys who were going to go with me. I got home around 7:30, bolted up the skid plate kennyw sent me, loaded my K5 up, took a shower, my buddy showed up here and we left. We got about 10 miles away from home when my boys and I noticed a burning smell coming from my K5. At first I thought it was just some tranny fluid coming from my T-case hitting the exhaust. But when I went to turn left onto to I-80 my K5 pulled hard to the left when I hit the brakes. I pulled over to the shoulder got out to find my left front brake rotor glowing like the sun. My damn caliper froze on me. It was hot enough that when I bled the pressure off the caliper the fluid came out boiling and sizzling. So I told my buddy to head on down and that I had to call it quits for the weekend. Then today I had to shell out teh money to redo my front brakes, and do all of that damn work. :angry1: :angry1:

I was more upset for my 2 boys, they love camping and wheeling as much if not more than I do. :frown1: :frown1:

As pissed off as I was last night when this happened, I am very greatful that it didn't happen 100 miles away from home in the middle of the night. Or that the rotor didn't lock up at 70mph going down the interstate.

OK, I'm done venting now. Thanks for listening.

Rick

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sucks, had that too, not quite glowing but you know.

too bad just be thanksfull it was close better luck next time.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That kinda sucks. Been down that road a few times myself.

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I lived in Manhattan Kansas for awhile after I got out of the Army. Went out to Tuttle Creek a few times...and I cannot imagine there being anything there worth driving so far for...Unless you really like mud bogging at the edge of the lake... :doah:

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

There isn't anywhere up here to do any serious wheeling that we've found yet. Tuttle is the nearest place that offers any kind of a challenge. Plus it lets us get away from here for a couple days every now and then and enjoy some camping and peace and quiet.

Rick