Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this will pi$$ you off

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sledheadak, May 4, 2006.

1. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pretty sad...

This past weekend FEMA and the City of Austin, along with the TexasWorkforce Commission setup a jobtraining/hiring/interview/job fair for all the KATRINA FEMA evacuees in the Austin area to be held at the ACC
    campus on Webberville Road in East Austin.

Several of the evacuees said they had no transportation to get from the apartment complexes.

So the city of Austin/FEMA/TWC set up transportation for each of them to ensure they would be able to partake of the benefit of job searching.

The transportation consisted of nine buses and vans, to run from four locations in Round Rock, and five locations in Austin, in continuing shuttles back and forth to the camp to ensure that the hundreds of people looking for jobs
    would be transported in comfort.

The vehicles were brought to their esidences; drivers knocked on the doors; and every effort was made.

At the end of the day, the nine vans and buses transported a total of one person.

Not one person per bus - one person total.

At the end of the day, none of the KATRINA Evacuees applied for any of the jobs.

Not one person took employment NONE total.

The bill to FEMA was $7800.

And yet they still get on TV claiming that the United States Government OWES THEM.

I say we don't owe them anything and if anything, they OWE us the Tax Payers that are WORKING PEOPLE, they owe what they have been mooching off of the Tax Payers for almost a year now.

It is obvious that they don't intend to work as long as they can sponge off of the system. It is time to cut them loose and tell them the free ride is over!__________________
    :mad: :mad:

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

X2 thats bull****

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

If them dickweeds haven't got their sh!t together by now and found a job then it's pretty clear to Me that they don't want a job.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Funny I never heard of it and it was never on the news:rolleyes:

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

When San Fran get destroyed in 1906, not a single federal dollar was used to rebuild it... same for the great Chicago fire. One has to wonder how anything EVER got done before government became the "answer" to everything...

j

7. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

On time and under budget.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

x eleventy-billion.

j

9. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wonder what unemploment % was there before Katrina . Some people just don't what to work! and never will!

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

March 2005
    New Orleans unemployment spikes to 6.2 percent
    The state work force has grown but unemployment is up in the New Orleans metropolitan statistical area.
    According to the latest Louisiana Department of Labor report, the state gained 10,700 from December 2004 to January 2005, and by 10,800 employees from January 2004 to the first month of 2005.
    In New Orleans, the labor force increased from 571,804 in January 2004 to 573,332 for the first month of 2005.
    But the New Orleans MSA unemployment rate for January was 6.2 percent with 37,809 unemployed. The unemployment rate has increased greatly since December when it was 4.4 percent with 26,688 were unemployed. In January 2004, New Orleans' unemployment rate was 5.2 percent with 31,202 unemployed.
    West Carroll Parish had the highest January unemployment rate at 15.7 percent while Lafayette Parish had the lowest at 4.9 percent.

The state's unemployment rate was 5.6 percent in January, a decrease from 5.7 percent in December and 5.8 percent in January 2004. Total state unemployment for January was 116,907. Seasonally adjusted employment for Louisiana was estimated to be 1,927,600.
    The national unemployment rate for January was 5.2 percent, a decrease from the December rate of 5.4 percent and the January 2004 rate of 5.7 percent.
    Copyright 2005 Dolan Media Newswires
    Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved.

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

BTW We have some folks here in town from NO that were displaced by Katrina. The ones I have talked to like it here and aint going back. To quote one couple I talked to" We got good jobs and our son is going to school. You folks are real nice here. We got nothing back there".
    My town is mostly all white and hispanic. Very few black people here before Katrina. A lot more black folks live here now. I kinda like having some color around. The people I have talked to were really nice frendly folks and were amazed at the oppurtunitys for work and education we have here. I have a hard time calling them Katrina victims. Because they have a better life now.