Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This will piss even YOU off!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by garlicbreath, May 26, 2006.

1. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I need to vent, real bad! I just met with my divorce attorney, and not only is my wife, who I put through 3.5 years of a 4 year college education, suing me for 15,000$, but she wants half of my truck!!!! All my blood sweat and bartering, now has to be appraised so she can get half of it's improved value. I had the truck for 5 years before we met. I bartered my way into a set of 1 ton axles, etc. She found a 1971 RESTORED blazer on ebay that after the guy put 20,000 into it, he got 8500 so now she is determined my truck is worth that much. She never cleaned the house in the last 2 years, never helped with anything, and spent 10 hours a day, 7 days a week at school. Never worked. I worked AND got my associates degree, all while supporting us, and was a landlord. :mad::mad:
    She conviently filed for divorce 3 months before getting her degree, knowing it will cost ME 3 times as much to have a value put on her education without the degree itself.
    What have you guys done when things don't seem like they could get any worse?:angry1:

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Do what ever you can to depreciate the value...Take out the stereo, swap in 1/2 ton axles, remove the lift, ANYTHING. Get some old grimy valve covers/ intake, ratty seat covers, remove the carpet (to be put back in later ;) )Before it need to get appraised, go mudding, Cake the sucker in mud. That will bring the value way down. They wont think its well taken care of and even if it is they will think its abused...DONT LET HER WIN!!!!

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

BTW sue her back for the 3.5 yrs of collage, housing, food etc. if you were the only one working then maybe you can back chrage her...Just a thought:confused:

4. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

"If your going through hell, keep going" muddy the blazer up pretty good maybe pull your timing out some so it runs like crap and get it to smoke if you can, run the carb too rich ???

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Get it to smoke what a great idea!!! Throw some 2 stroke oil in a full tank 4-5 ounces should do it. It will burn right out and will definetly provide some smoke!:D

6. garlicbreath

There really isn't an interior, it's herculined to the firewall with 2 front seats, no stereo, and the motor is in the garage. It just blew up a month ago! Just got it back from the motor shop. My attorney told me not to put it back together, which sucks cause summers here!! I want to wheel!!! And to make matters worse, the main reason we got married was because the university has a rule that all freshmen and sophmores have to live on campus unless they live at home or are married.
    I hate learning lifes lessons the hard way.:mad:

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Listen to your attorney and be ready to make a deal. No one wins in a divorice except for the attorneys.

8. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

haha i swear id drive it off a cliff

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

might want to have a friend hold that motor... The thing definetly weont be appraised to high...tell em the tranny and t case are gone too and need to be replaced. loosen the bolts on the front / rear diff covers so they'll leak (same thing with tranny/ tcase. Make it look like a wreck. hows the paint? if its bad spray paint like a 100 differant colors...

10. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Off the wall Idea it will hurt for a minute too but hey it could save your truck. ( I heard of someone doing this once but I doubt it) Go ooutside and Cut that Blazer in half then ask her which half do you want then when that crap is done I am sure we can get U another Frame and all. Yeah /I know that was retarded . But so is Divorce, I feel for you brother, God Bless and Good Luck! Though it sounds like she would actually take a half or tell you she wanted you to cut the other way because she wanted that half

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You owned the truck before marriage , right ? So its in your name alone , correct ?

Sell it to a buddy for 1 dollar , who will sell it back to you for 1 dollar later when things are finalized .

She can have 50 cents :D

12. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Can't you just say "I do not want a divorce". As long as you are still legally married, she cannot get nothing from you.

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

one word... DISASSEMBLE.

pieces are nearly worthless, unless you find the right person. :deal:

you didnt teach her anything about the expensive parts did you? does she know about CK5?

14. cbbr

All fun ideas, but I will say this one more time just to make sure you heard it. TALK TO YOUR LAWYER BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. And then listen to him. That is what you pay him for.

Oh yeah, if you cut the truck in half, take video.;)

15. garlicbreath

Yeah, I am right there with you. No irrational ideas for me. That's what women are for!!!

16. cbbr

I forgot to add - if you are working and already have an Assoc. degree, most schools will consider you a "working professional" and waive the on campus requirement.

17. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

X2 what a biotch!!

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

GET IT THE **** OUT OF THERE!!! PRONTO! :eek1:

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm not even going to post up here on the forums. If you want my opinions, PM me and we will chat. I'm going thru a divorce right now and experiencing the same thing you are doing.

BTW, are you the petitioner or the respondent? Depending on which you are, the petitioner holds more "power" thru the divorce. In my case, I'm the petitioner. Rock on!

20. garlicbreath

Nope, she was the one with the on campus housing requirement.