Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This......

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 79Stomper, Aug 4, 2006.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

HEAT is a BEOTCH. I can work outside for about 45 minutes then I am drenched with sweat and the dog is bugging me to go inside. Had to sit in a Range Class today so I have been in the AC all day. :D

I am contemplating on working at night to pull the motor and trans and stuff. I have no more neighbors next door so could make more noise than usual....... I think I drove them to move out with my grinder going:rolleyes:

I feel sorry for the roofers and road crews that have had to work in this heat.

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Tell me about it.....I'm leaving my horrible cubical with the a/c blasting 65* to go home and sit in the shop, in a puddle of my own sweat, drink beer and smoke cigs.

3. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yea we where roofing today and put on 12 square of shingles today. That's 36 bundles if you are wondering. knocked off at about 2 when temp was over 100. Now it's beer and AC :D :haha:

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Heat is bad on this side of the county also. I was forced to spend 4 hours at Topsail beach followed by a trip to DQ.

James, I ran into one of your guys today. The one that lives down the road from me with the truck for sale.

5. 79Stomper

Ohh okay so you meet Ploof. Yeah I have the pics of his truck to post up for sale, I just need some specifics on it. I told him I would bring it over to my house one weekend and get it running for him but he hasn't let me know anything yet.

6. GotLabs

Seems like it would only need a little work to get it running. The truck looked fairly solid to, just a little rust in the doors. Would like to get it, but money is non-existent here.

7. 79Stomper

I wouldn't mind having it myself, I just have no use for a full size pickup right now, unless I am parting it out. It soiunds like all it needs is a set of head gaskets put on it. Last time I looked at the truck though it was close to a year or so ago and I think it has a PS leak too.

8. GotLabs

There was no PS pump on it, hoses are cut.

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I work inside a factory/warehouse where it gets a bit warm too, though it is out of the sun. I worked outside most of my life, and sometimes came inside during the winter to work. That's how this job started................that was 16 years ago.................:eek1:

If I ever get the ends on my building, it'll have A/C.........Lord willing!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

10. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

I'm working now....T-stat set on 65.

Worked outside on the trucks we have here at work three days this week. Had to go home and wring my clothes out. It's not so bad a night, except the air gets still.

11. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I once worked a year for General Tire in Charlotte, NC. In the moulding room it would hit 140 degrees on days like this. People dropped like flies in that area. These days I pound a keyboard as a network admin. I have the AC in my office (where the server is) set to 63 degrees....