Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thoes that switched from tbi to 4bbl, i need a hand

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dodgetruck91, Mar 18, 2004.

1. dodgetruck91

dodgetruck91 Registered Member

will the fuel pump kik in by it self or how does that get setup? any other pointers are appriciated, thanks

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

if you use the stock pump, you will burn it up. the pump stays cool by the fuel running throught it. holley makes somthing to keep the fuel circulating but its like $120

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what year truck you doing this on ? you should get a pressure regulator and reduce it down to around 7 psi for carb

4. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I would get a pressure regulator with the return built in. Kinda pricey though.

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Judging by your username, I'm assuming that you have a 91 Dodge.

Recently I bought a 1990 Dodge 1 ton for parts. A previous owner had removed the TBI and installed a Carter AFB and Edelbrock intake on it. The stock (in tank) fuel pump was retained, and an aftermarket pressure regulator was plumbed in line. Then right after the regulator, an inline filter like I've never seen was installed. It has one line in... and 2 outs... One out goes to the carb, and the other to the return line. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Seemed to work as the truck runs... but I beleive it's not running right as I'm not sure that the distributor is advancing since it has no vac advance /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hope this helps...

Marv