Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thorley Header coating

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Jul 5, 2003.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Bout time to get headers for my up and comin 496, Ive had a set of Thorleys on my 350 with the nickel chrome finish, but see on their site they now list a ceramic coating and it is cheaper on summit, but they dont talk about the ceramic anywhere else on their site, just the nickel finish. Does anyone have the ceramic finish? Pics? Like it? The nickel chrome looked really good till the 2nd time in the mud when i said screw it im not cleanin em again. Just wondering about the ceramic. Ive seen other header companies ceramic coating and I like it but Im not sure on Thorleys. Thanks. K20.

2. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

i know a guy that has jet hot ceramic coating on a set of headers and there rusting through for the 2nd time. I'm getting ready to send a set of exhaust manifolds in to get ceramic coated but in hi-temp black instead of the shiney finish. t is supposed to work well at keeping the internal engine heat down which is part of the reason im doing it. im sending my stuff to this place.
    http://www.classiccoatings.com/Default01.htm
    i should be sending in them in mondya of this week to get them done and should have them back the following week, the say thier turn around is under 7 days.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh ive seen the ceramic send off places, I was wondering more about the facotry Thorley coating. thanks.