Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thorley Headers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stkcode, Mar 15, 2007.

1. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

Not sure if it's just me but I'm going on day 3 now trying to get the correct part (theirs 3 part number listed) number for my 91 burb (2wd daily driver) for a set of thorley tri-y's. I either call and can never talk to their tech guy (he's always on another call) or he never calls me back after leaving messages on his voice mail . I've called twice today so far and know one even answers the phone at all (just rings and rings).

Don't mean to sound like I'm moaning but damn....I guess I'm ganna have to jump through hoops just to get a set.

2. Slapperbar

Slapperbar Retired Navy NDT Examiner Premium Member

Call Summit if you have to have a set. I'd not send them any money for that customer "service".

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Try e-mail. I'm finding that I have more success getting tech assist through e-mails anymore. You usually have to wait 24hrs, though. Might be worth a try instead of wasting time on the phone. At least you can send and be done with it.

What are the part numbers. IIRC the difference is the emissions connections, crossover pipes, etc. You could check Summit or Jegs sites for better descriptions on the applications for the part numbers you have.

4. westn11

westn11 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got mine through Summit. The Summit guy was very good, he asked me many questions about lift height, motor, etc. Only problem was that they took 2 months to come in. They where worth the wait though as they fit perfect! Very nice set of headers... wouldnt buy anything else. Just my 2c.

-Nigel

5. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

Eeekk...this post is really old and I thought I replied to it ages ago...so sorry for the huge arse delay (guess I'm getting old).

I finally did manage to talk to their tech guy. Apparently, one of their tech guys (theirs suppose to be 2) was on vacation. Yea, I know that Summit could tell me but I prefer to ask the manufacture direct, so if their is an incorrect part problem, they can't blam Summit.

The only problem I'm having now is the y-pipe isn't fitting correct. It bottoms out on the dust shield (transmission inspection cover). It's also 8" short of the cat and the y-pipe hits the heat shield (where it curves downward at the transmission). I called and talked to Nick at ext 217, but trying to get a hold of him is almost like trying to get a hold of god, all I get is voicemail. I sent him pictures but haven't heard back. I should probably post a new thread on this with pics.

At any rate, thanks for the suggestions.

6. Slapperbar

Slapperbar Retired Navy NDT Examiner Premium Member

A new thread with pics would be really nice. Thanks.

7. super k

super k 1/2 ton status

If Summit makes a mistake,they stand behind it.Thorley wouldn`t have anything to do with it.