Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thorleys Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Catman, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Catman

Catman Registered Member

:confused: Summit should have my Thorley headers at my door in about a week. I have questions about what others have used in the way of plugs, wires, heat shields, wire seperators......and what problems/solutions you'all came up with. It's a '90 K5 w/350.
    Thanks in advance.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

on my sbc, I used the stock wires and plugs, and no heat shields of any kind. I just zip tied each paid of wire together to keep em off the headers. The plug wires for #1&#3 were together, and 5&7 were, etc. Didnt have a problem.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I like Taylor wires too. I have them on 2 vehicles with headers. They hold up to the heat very well.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not the cheapest, but I've always liked these wire looms. [​IMG]

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You should be able to get to my gallery. Pictures of what I came up with in there.

multiple pics

Not sure about older heads but Vortecs have two small drilled/tapped bolt holes where I was able to bolt my wire holders. I either used parts from Oldsmobile 307's (cadillacs used them too) since they had lots of brackets bolted to the valve cover bolts, or I used other things I found that I could drill out to the right size. An hour or so at the wrecking yard and maybe an hour making the brackets work as I wanted.

I used Accel cut to fit wires, and I'm using stock AC Delco plugs. As you can see, no shields on the plug wires. I had planned on it, but my headers have enough clearance to keep the wires safe.