Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thorwout Bearing Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DuallyK5, May 31, 2006.

1. DuallyK5

DuallyK5 Registered Member

I just got a new cutch kit and it seems that the thrwout bearing has a little side to side wabble like it is not 100% perfect. Is there a problem with that do you think or a little bit of movement wont hurt anything?

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

What kind of kit is it? Is it a new or remanufactured kit?
    By side-to-side do you mean the rotating part has some play in relation to the fixed part?
    I know some of the bearings come concentric, and when you spin them they don't look like they are centered, but that is normal and ok. There shouldn't be any play though.

3. DuallyK5

DuallyK5 Registered Member

yeah

There is no play it just seems to move side to side but i think if one side stays stantionary that it should be fine. Its a new kit from Perfection Clutch by the makers of zoom. Its like a 250 dollar clutch my budddy had it from not to long ago and he hooked me up

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

my poor poor bearrrrings!..(Mr Scott!!)

I sold some Borg-Warner throwout bearings they called "Self-Aligning"--the part that touches the pressure plate could be moved from side to side about 1/8" or so either way,it was designed to make up for any misalignment or runout between the clutch and bellhousing..I suppose other manufacturers made them too...you probably have one of theese,judging by the description you gave...

Remember,its a "thrust" bearing,made to handle heavy pressure under a load while allowing rotation with little friction reistance..once the pressure is applied,it will not wobble around too much..it should have little to no radial play though..:crazy: