Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Those in school, whatcha studying?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84k5, Feb 14, 2004.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

High school doesn't count. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wondering what everyone is *trying* to be.

I am a mechaical engineer. Got 2 years left, so the fun really hasn't even started yet.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm studying to be a loser, my classroom is CK5. I know I don't go to school just have no direction right now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I am going for my BS in Business Administration. I will have that in 2yrs. After that, I plan on going back for my MBA.
    My goal is to own my own business and work for myself.

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Wanting to get into Criminal Justice, just taking the intro classes now /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Working on a double degree right now, Electronic Engineering Technology and, Networking & Communications Management.

Taking classes at night and on the weekend, they call it an accelerated program, meaning each class takes half as long as a normal day students class. Kinda fun, but very pricey and no one understands anything about trucks in class. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Gettin my Bachelor's in Business Management... Like Clubba68, I want to own my own business one day... Not sure if I want to try for a 4x4 shop or a hotel... maybe a specialized resort with wheeling trails /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Computer science, might switch to German though.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

... quite a jump, why would that be?

9. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Fire Protection and Safety Technology

10. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

computational science (dont worry, its new so no one knows what it is), learning how to use computers, programing, math, to build models and simulations on the computer so experiments can be done many times with minimal work. Its a long shot but I hope to be an aeronautical engineer someday.
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm studying to be a loser, my classroom is CK5. I know I don't go to school just have no direction right now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto! totally! zero direction, actually have a direction and its going backwards faster and faster, theres just not a good outlook on the future at all, unless something magical happens soon//..

12. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Already finished my Associates in Auto Tech, now taking Small Business Management. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    By the way for those of you who can't afford it , Uncle Sam pays 100% tuition while on active duty, you just buy the books. R72K5 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I already got A.A.S. Automotive Service Technology, now I am working on my B.S. Automotive Engineering Technology (its really R&D). My first two years were a breeze, now its a little tougher, but I like the classes. My favs are High Performance Engines(airflow), Engine Dynamometers, Materials Science, and Performance Engine Machining.

14. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just about got a couple AS degrees in Auto Technology.. Been taking night classes for 3 years. Need to take the ASE certitifications in each of the areas to be done... I thought i wanted to be a mechanic at a dealership or something, but decided i'd rather keep it as a hobby...
    Now i've got all my college general ed done, i'm working towards an AA/AS degree in Mathematics and Physics at junior college... Then all that will be left is 2 years of upper division for a BS in mechanical engineering when i transfer. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Also, Definatly studying the hot chicks at college too. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

15. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I'm working on Engineering and Physics at Elon, University. Then after that I am going to go into mechanical engineering at North Carolina State...that is the plan right now atleast.

16. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

On my second semester of Criminal Justice now...I want to be a Police Officer. There will always be criminals, which is great job security, but the problem is getting on the job in the first place. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

17. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I have a degree in Graphic Arts Management (the first two years (Associates degree) of the 4 year degree was called Printing Techonology), Minors in Business Administration and Computer Science.
    Graduated in 2000 and I'm still looking for a job. After I start working somewhere, be it printing or tech support or whatever, I'm probley going to go back to school nights for Network Security or MIS (Management Information Systems) and try to get a consulting job with a networking company.

18. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm the same as you...a mechanical engineer with 2 years left. (Well, 2 1/2 really because I'll be doing a work Co-op for a semester in the near future).

19. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Im studyin Horticulture with a concentration in Landscape Contracting....Almost done with the first year.

20. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... quite a jump, why would that be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am farther along in German classes than CS, and have already failed one CS class /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I've taken German since the beginning of high school and really like it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Only problem I see with switching is that I will have to settle for a BA rather than a BS.