Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Those of you with doublers.... Got a question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Flexy K20, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

I am going to be doing a doubler in a few months and I am going to run the Exact 1.5" spacer so I can put the 203 on the back of the 700R4. Will this extra 1.5"'s cause a problem? I will be shortening the wheelbase to about that of a blazers. So basically the question is: those of you with doublers in a blazer would another 1 1/2" cause a problem with the rear driveshaft being to short? I will be putting in one of Jesse's CV shafts. Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

The first Gen Doubler was the longest of all because it used roughly a 3" aluminum spacer, plus a factory adaptor which was about 6". Meaning, the Gen one doubler was 6" longer than their current configuration. I know of several K5 owners who use these with 6" and above lifts and have no problems with driveline issues.

I clocked my NP205 up to flat - meaning my inputs and outputs are all level. Mine is behind a TH350 and the driveshaft lengths are 35.75" front and 36" rear.

I don't think you will have problems with driveline if that answers your question. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'll tell you one thing - I love having 4:1. I might regear to 5.13 someday.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I don't think that would be a problem.

Ideally, you could "adjust" your WB (if your redoing it anyway) so that you can have the same length drive shaft front and rear (buy 3 at once, two for the rig, one trail spare).

that is the ultimate goal IMHO

4. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Yeah that would be the bast way of doing it, but wouldn't that ammount to the rear axle being pretty damn far forward? Meaing a really short wheelbase? Later
    -fLeXy K20

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Not hard w/ the doubler. Keith is off by about an inch (close enough make it up in the splines) his wb is around 109-I think