Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Those of you with herculiner or rhino- or other brands a ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, May 20, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Do any of you have carpet over the sprayed on liner? I would like to put probably herculiner on my floors, but definetly want carpet on top of it. If I do this, will I need to put the insulating mat down as well? I really want the herculiner for "mechanical" reasons, to keep the floor protected from water,, and the carpet for cosmetics..remember this is a mall monster
    thanks!
    Brandy

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I have a rhino lined interior. If the carpet ever goes back in, I will put the insulation back in. I had redone the insulation and used a foil backed type that really made a difference, but did not mix well with mud and water. IMO a direct answer to your question is yes, you will need a light pad just to help the carpet to conform to the floor.

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I have Line-x on my interior and carpet in the front. I didn't put a pad down as I thought it would make the carpet not fit. I got my carpet from ACC and it is pretty tightly formed to the shape of the floor. But I guess it would depend on the carpet you got and also how you intend to finish it at the outside edges. I think at some point I'll reinstall the factory metal strips. If you leave the outside edges without the metal strip and add padding underneath the carpet it'll look funny as the carpet edge will be higher than the weatherstripping around the door.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I did the cargo area in mine with 1.25 Gal. of Herculiner and it's still not as thick as the spray on kind and doesn't kill the sound any, but I dont have any carpet in the back and that will make it louder also.