Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Those silly Marines and John Kerry

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

2. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    John Kerry's heavily hyped cross-country bus tour stumbled out of the blocks yesterday, as a group of Marines publicly dissed the Vietnam War hero in the middle of a crowded restaurant.
    Kerry was treating running mate Sen. John Edwards and his wife, Elizabeth, to a Wendy's lunch in Newburgh, N.Y., for their 27th wedding anniversary — an Edwards family tradition — when the candidate approached four Marines and asked them questions.

The Marines — two in uniform and two off-duty — were polite but curt while chatting with Kerry, answering most of his questions with a "yes, sir" or "no, sir."

But they turned downright nasty after the Massachusetts senator thanked them "for their service" and left.

"He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands," one Marine said, adding, "I'm 100 percent against [him]."

[/ QUOTE ]

In my book they were overly polite. If The marines had turned "downright nasty" like the paper said, President bush wouldn't have any competition in the election. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

Of course, I can't say who, because unfortunately there are some senior military types who'd jump at the chance to "discipline" a lowly enlisted guy for giving his opinion after being asked for it... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Good job Marines /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

He's got his head so far up his A$$, he doesn't even know when he is being talked down too. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i think its pretty damn funny that polling groups have gone so far to ask Tibeten women between the ages of 12 and 24 what they think about how GWB is running the war in Iraq but they don't ask the grunts who are actually there, those headed there, or those returning from there. My guess is that the poll numbers would be VERY favorable for the president, and therefore aren't even being done. After all, why ask someone who is THERE when you can ask Berkely students 18-22 years old what they think of how policy is being carried out in iraq??!!?!?

j

7. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I work in the media section at Public affairs on Camp Lejeune and Id be a betting man that they were respectful to the senator and were just saying yes sir and no sir out of respect. If they would have gotten down right nasty the press would have been triple all over it. You would have seen CNN,Foxnews,Drudge etc... I did see this on a few stations but nothing serious. These Marines did the right thing Im positive of that.

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

C'mon Spence, you know there's a couple different ways to say "yes sir" and "no sir".

Or maybe that's just us slimebag air-wingers.../forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yeah they are pretty brave men speaking about him after he left and then not giving their names. What's wrong with Kerry thanking them for their service. I'm dead set against the war in Iraq and I thank every single military man or woman I meet for their service. I even bought a few jheads that I barely knew a round of beers in Yuma this weekend. That's the part that irks me about the right. If you are against the war it automatically makes you a service hater. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Most of us veterans don't respect Mr. Kerry because of his actions following his service in the Vietnam War. What he did is considered a dishonorable action to most veterans. To do what your country asked of you, and then come back and bad mouth your own country and it's government is borderline treason.

John

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah they are pretty brave men speaking about him after he left and then not giving their names.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh [darn] brother. a) marines are professionals, they aren't going to talk to a civilian leader in a disrespectful way while he'd getting a photo op. b) they don't give their names because they know they might be [darn]-canned for voicing their opinions about the guy in public.

[ QUOTE ]
    That's the part that irks me about the right. If you are against the war it automatically makes you a service hater. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im solid right wing, we all know this, and a leftists position on any given war is not the problem. The problem is how you project your oposition (i don't mean you specifically, i mean anyone). Riotous protests that result in police injuries, damage to public property, flag burning, physical violence against anyone who doesnt support their position, spitting on service people etc etc is bullcrap. Peaceful diagreement has never been a problem, the problem is when leftists go rabid and mob-psychology takes over. Its worth noting that "extreme right wingers" don't tend to do this kind of crap. Sure, there are the anti-abortion people... but they rarely shut down major metro cities or cause all kinds of unrest / damage to private property etc etc. Of course, all the while the right is supposed to be the mean spirited violent people...

j

12. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah they are pretty brave men speaking about him after he left and then not giving their names.

[/ QUOTE ]
    2 of the Marines were in uniform; both Kerry AND the reporter had their ranks and last names right in front of them - kinda hard to stay anonymous when your name is embroidered on your chest. There's not that many Marines at Stewart (couple hundred, give or take a few) so there's no safety-in-numbers like at a large base.

[ QUOTE ]
    What's wrong with Kerry thanking them for their service.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nothing. What's wrong with them having brains and the ability to think rationally & make their own choices about which politicians they like & dislike?

13. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Bye the way, these neo-facist muslim extremists want to kill you too /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Bye the way, these neo-facist muslim extremists want to kill you too

[/ QUOTE ]

Who, Dick Cheney? Oh right he's not a muslim extremist. I'll trust the Justice Department and local law enforcement to handle those guys. The fact that we've only had 2 large acts of terrorism in 100 years is more of a tribute to the fine men and women in our law enforcement than any president to the right or left.

I get a kick out of how some on here connect terrorism with leftism when it was largely the right that was responsible for A. arming and training Osama and his crew and B. arming and empowering Saddam. If anyone is more a friend to the terrorists it is the right. Of course I'm just some bleeding heart liberal so I must be wrong.

http://members.cox.net/k5james/rummysaddam.bmp
    Rumsfield and his good buddy Saddam.

15. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

QUOTE;I get a kick out of how some on here connect terrorism with leftism when it was largely the right that was responsible for A. arming and training Osama and his crew and B. arming and empowering Saddam. If anyone is more a friend to the terrorists it is the right. Of course I'm just some bleeding heart liberal so I must be wrong.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Dude you should check your facts before you come to a place like this and start laying down peices like that, your gonna look really bad for it. this is probably one of the most right wing, 4x4 sites around. Not to mention your just plain wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dang Air wingers LOL!!!

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I get a kick out of how some on here connect terrorism with leftism when it was largely the right that was responsible for A. arming and training Osama and his crew and B. arming and empowering Saddam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif The liberal BS machine is on full power again.

Every time I see Pics of Terrorists they are holding AK 47s. Made in USSR
    Sadams military stuff was all Made in USSR. The Russians trained Iraq armed forces. The USSR was about as LEFT as you get.

If it was the RIGHT that armed these people where are all the M-16s, M1 tanks, F-16s, and Humvees ????????????

18. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Yep. We just can't help being who we are!

19. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Dang POG...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Am I wrong? Show me.