Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Those that are camping...

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by tRustyK5, Jul 5, 2005.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I stayed at the slickrock in '03, and it was OK except i felt we got screwed on the group rate and I felt the sites were small.

Anyone camped anywhere else in Moab and liked the campsite they stayed at? I've been checking the different sites out but am still not sure where I want to stay or if I want a cabin instead of a tent site...

Suggestions? First hand knowledge?

Anyone want to try and get a good sized group of us all in the same place?

Rene

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Rene,

I'm with you; we got screwed again last year also. They just don't seem to have their @hit together at Slickrock, never seem to know what is going on, or seem to care either.

Here is my overall read about camping at Slickrock. I agree, they never seem to know what is going on, and I have stayed 4 times, every time we wheel in Moab, but on the other hand, they never give you any $hit about how big your trailer is, how may trucks you brought, and where you are parking them, once you pay, they have not bothered us much at all, at least the AZ group. Last year we had some pretty long nights hanging out by the trailers/campers, and no one gave us any BS, and for us camping guys w/ trailer, they have water, sewer, and electric hookup on most of the spots the have for the big trailers.

I'm not saying I agree with their tactics, but overall they seem to accommodate for us, and overall they are not that expensive.

But, I am up for a different place if we can save some money and they are more accommodating that Slickrock.

That’s' my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. :D :D

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well, every other site i have looked at online also has power/water/cable with service up to 50 amps for the pull through sites. Most seem to have more generous sites for tents too...which was why i was hoping to get some firsthand feedback on any of the other camp sites.

i do agree that they more or less left you alone at the slickrock. They did kick "AJtatted" out in '03 though. They were wrenching kinda late and someone other than AJ mouthed off to another camper. Didn't matter in the end though...AJ still got the boot the next morning. I personally thought a warning would have sufficed, especially considering his circumstances.

Rene

4. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

It overall does not matter to me, as long as they have hookups I'm in.

Now FWP/Fred likes Slickrock, so you gotta talk with Freddie too, as the AZ guys always camp together, Marv and AZ-K5 will camp wherever we are.

Rob

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Well I'm up for a different spot. Slickrock's been cool, like Rob said, pretty forgiving about parking, late night BSing and wrenching (nothing outrageous of course- air tools come to mind :haha: ).

The thing about a discount= Rob and I now use pull through, dedicated camper slots- they don't give discounts for that. The only reason BB02 got a break, there was like 15 or so folks tenting it- in a general area. That they gave it something like 6 bucks a night or something.

We really need to hear from anyone that has camped elsewhere, and what they thought of it.

BTW, It will be cool wheeling with you again Rene :cool1: just make sure you have a spare driveshaft, eh? :laugh:

6. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Lol
    I really don't care where we end up. As long as I'm in Moab I'll have a smile on my face :wink1: I agree that the slickrock is pretty disorganised, didn't really bother me too much though.

7. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

if you guys can pin down a rough count in the next few weeks i will se if i can get somthing on a local discount bases. not sure but worth a try.

8. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

i have spoke with canyonlands camp park witch tent sites and cabbins are pretty ok and also borders the back parking lot of moab valley inn witch i have also gotton a pretty good group rate for thoose wanting motel rooms (refer to blazer bash motel rooms) that would locate everybody in some what the same place.the best i could get them down to is 6:.00 per person per night for tent sites $ 35.00 per night per 2 people for cabbins witch as of today there is only one cabin aval. but plenty of tent sites. you can reach them @ 435-259-6848 talk to Cheryl and make sure you tell her your are reserving spots under the rates she has set up for me or let me know and i can take care of it from here.

9. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

glad to see you coming back wate tell you see what i got for you to take a ride in this year
    :whistle:

10. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks Dirk! The AZ Amigos will be calling Canyonlands soon. Thanks again for helping out.

11. FWP

FWP CRS

FYI, I called Canyonlands yesterday. The most room they have have for storage of a tow trailer is 20' (I need a pull thru for a full size camp trailer and vehicle, along with room for my dually/ gooseneck). My goose is 28' overall. They said it probably wouldn't work. I'll be at Slickrock. Thanks Dirk for your efforts! I appreciate it! :bow:

12. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

:D Oh hell yeah!!!! If its anything like last years treat I can't wait! :saweet:

13. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

not as loud but just as fast :D

14. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I'm as giddy as a little school girl :deal: