Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

those who have rebuilt a 208......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Oct 30, 2005.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

My front output has a major leak. I have replaced the seals in the case before. But I where I am having trouble is the inside of the yoke, where the nut is. What type of seal is supposed to be there?? Just RTV it?? My kit came with a weird thing that has a whole to slip over the threaded portion of the shaft and on the outside of it it has splines.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

All the 208's I have disassembled have had that little rubber ring that goes in behind the nut for the front output yoke. There must be another seal beside that for the front output but I can't remember what it looks like or where it is exactly off the top of my head.

Harley

3. K10bolts

K10bolts Registered Member

There is the small o-ring behind the nut, and then the large seal in the T-case that rides on the yoke itself. When you pull the yoke off, make sure there isn't a groove worn in it from the seal. If there is, you need a speedi-sleeve so It doesn't continue to leak.