Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

those with a clocked 208/241

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, May 14, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

what did you do with your exhaust? anyone do it with full lenght headers. i thought i had room between the tcase and the frame, but the fuel lines stick out from the frame at that exact point. need ideas before i go to the exhaust shop. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've considered routing my exhaust up and through the floorboard at that point. Passenger is the one who would have to deal with it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I put mine straight back on both sides of the T-case. Then righ after the t-case I have the crossover going under the t-case and going into one piep to the muffler. The only problem I have now is that the rear slip is leaking right onto the crossover pipe and burns the oil. It's a fire ahzzard I know, so i need to fix that with a gaurd over it. I haven't completey decided yet. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

got any pics of the exhaust?

i think im gonna move the tranny mount 3/4" or 1" to the left, it will give me more clearance for the exhause and the front drive shaft to header collector. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. big83chevy4x4

got my exahust hooked up (a kink here, a kink there /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif)

got another question, what did you do about the tcase linkage? mines too short, with the selector in 2wd its in 4wd (adjusted all the way out), plus it binds up alittle bit.

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Here's what I did.

I pulled the shaft off and put it on the other side of the bracket to get a straighter line then adjusted it out all the way and it just works.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. big83chevy4x4

ok finly got my front drive shaft and linkage done. i clocked mine all the way up.

just to let anyone who want to do this with full length headers, theres alot of extra stuff you need to do. i moved the entire tranny/tcase to the right 1" to give me more clearance for the exhaust. well, when i put my front drive shaft in it header collector was in the way. i took a rachet strap and pull the collector closer to the frame so i could put the drive shaft on. if i didn't move the tcase over 1" i would not have enough room for the driveshaft, or if i had any lift at all, it wouldn't fit with out cutting the header. i still need to heat the header up and bend it over more, or cut the header and shorten it up 3" in height, it contacts the drive shaft all the time and makes a horrible sound when i 4wd. and because i moved the tcase over 1" my linkage was not long enough and binds a little, i added 1.25" to the linkage and its at the very end. to get it into 2wd i need to use alittle foot power to push the lever far enough forward to disenguage 4wd.

but 4wd works and i can enguage it with out crawling under the truck. plus i gained 5" of ground clearance over the stock setup.
    ill get some pics tommorow /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif