Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Those with acid reflux

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 9, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm presently taking Nexium for my acid reflux but I'm not sure how well it works. I can still feel the heartburn but it doesn't hurt. I;m hoping that makes sense to some of you. Anyone have an idea what I should do? I've been told Nexium is like the best out right now so would there be something that might work better for me?

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I use Prevacid right now. I never tried Nexium, but I had a friend who did and had to switch to something else because of stomach problem side-effects.

I tried something else that starts with a P (prilosec I think), but can't remember the name of it. It didn't work so well, I still felt the heartburn. With 1 prevacid a day, I've been 99% heartburn-free for over a year.

I think this kind of thing is very individual-based. I've talked to people that think prevacid is useless, and they love prilosec. I think you really just have to try a few and stick with the one that works and doesn't make you crap your pants at the drop of a hat... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But then, they spend so much money on advertising instead of re-investing in R & D, it's hard to tell which prescription medicine might be right for you /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My doc has me on Protonix for acid reflex. It works real good for me.

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My doc has me on Prozac . It works real good for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    My doc has me on Prozac . It works real good for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Funny ha ha ha. Never been on a mental med, never will be. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

doesn't mean you shouldn't be /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    poor paul.. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'll be the judge of that. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]We'll be the judge of that. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]We'll be the judge of that. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, okay, as soon as y'all show me a degree (Real one, not some BS fake off the internet) in phycoligy. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

11. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

psychology? child psychology?? LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    psychology? child psychology?? LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]What you talking about child psychology for ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

well is it because of toooo muuch coffee ? ..Or ist to much light beer ??/ I think thats my problem !!!!! Zantac ....is good !!
    Prliocek is goood too ... but kills my UNIT !!!!!!!!!!1 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

14. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

My Mom is on Nexium. I just asked her about it, she's also a nurse. She said it turns off the acid, it's not supposed to mask the pain either. It won't cure it though. Maybe you need to switch. Just because it's the best for some people doesn't mean it's the best for you.

The acid could be hurting you, but if you don't have pain and if that's all you're worried about it then it's doing it's job.

15. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I was having a bad time with GERD and my doc gave me Prevaicd for a week and then 2 back up prescriptions in case I needed them. At the end of the week I was feelin no pain, heartburn or any stomach problems. Doc told me that Prevacid actual helps repair the damage done by the acid as well as reduce it.... He didn't give me a regular prescription saying he thoguht it was to strong to use on a dialy basis if I needed it again. He said if it flared up again to use some over the counter stuff until I came back in.. Prevacid kicked ass for me.

16. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh, okay, as soon as y'all show me a degree (Real one, not some BS fake off the internet) in proctology

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya again.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Oh, okay, as soon as y'all show me a degree (Real one, not some BS fake off the internet) in proctology

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya again.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Now you know what's funny about that, some people can be a$$holes, so that proctology comment kinda fits. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm pretty sure I saw Z3PR on My Big Redneck Wedding last night... :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

19. Dogman12

Dogman12 1/2 ton status

Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) I tried the others and still preffer baking soda, it does not prevent it but stops it when it comes on.

20. Copasetic

Copasetic 1/2 ton status

I take nexium and it's about the only thing I can take that works for me. I've been on protonix and it worked well just had to take it twice a day instead of once. A lot of the OTC ones never really did anything for me. Like stated before, it may just be an individual thing.