Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Those with clocked 208's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, May 20, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Those with clocked 208\'s

I am coming into a little cash for the K5 next month and was wondering what I could do with it. I was thinking of clocking the 208 or getting a crossover steering setup. I figured a crossover setup would run me about $600. How much would it cost to clock the 208 and fabricate a new (flat crossmember). Is there any issues with making my own flat crossmember? Also driveline angles change in the front how much and what did you have to do?

2. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Re: Those with clocked 208\'s

I think cyberfire makes and sells them for a fair price. There have been several write ups in the last 2-3 weeks.

3. stallion85

Yea I am lookin at thewrite ups right now, just wondering which would be the better of the 2? I am liking the clocked route a little more than the x over. Hey Scoutilac sent you a pm /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. scoutillac

I'm not a paying customer yet. I can't PM back. Yes, I am a POL troop. Are you at Nellis? I was there 2-3 yrs ago for a Weapons School grad. That was a busy time. I loved being busy for a change.

5. stallion85

My bad didn't know you can't PM. Yea Iv'e been here at Nellis for 2 years. Elmendorf for 4 before that. Are you stationed at Fairchild?

6. scoutillac

Yup! I am putting in for orders in 2yrs. The wife wants another kiddo in a year. Then we are going for the Azores or Turkey. I would try for Germany but I can't take my dogs. Pit bulls are outlawed there.

7. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would try for Germany but I can't take my dogs. Pit bulls are outlawed there.

[/ QUOTE ]

call em a stafordshire terrier instead of a pitbull....And whats up with that anyways? a country that started 2 world wars, wont allow a dog thats got a bad rep for being aggressive? what are they scared of?

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I would try for Germany but I can't take my dogs. Pit bulls are outlawed there.

[/ QUOTE ]

call em a stafordshire terrier instead of a pitbull....And whats up with that anyways? a country that started 2 world wars, wont allow a dog thats got a bad rep for being aggressive? what are they scared of?

[/ QUOTE ] especially since two other breeds that have bad reps for being agressive got them because the germans used them as attack dogs... (germ shepards and Rottys). As for the 208 rotating kit, DP90_K5 is the guy who sells the kits. The adaptor itself is $110 I believe, thats all I have in mine. If you know how to scrounge you won't need to spend more than that. Aka if you can come up with metal and such from friends. There is no flat bottom kit as of right now. Problem is, if you want to fully rotate the 208 you will have front shaft issues(needing a longer one) and if you don't have a body lift be prepared for this:
    [​IMG]
    lost the passenger seat mount in the process. just means I will run tubes between my cage bars and mount race seats. That and for a little bit I don't have to hear anyone complain about it when I get too happy on the throttle.

9. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i have no body lift and no suspsention lift, i didn't have to cut the floor or lengthen my front drive shaft. if you have full lenght headers you will have a problem with collector hitting the front drive shaft. i moved the enitre drive train over 1" and it still hits. a suspention lift would make it worse. the drive shaft goes over the collector and a lift would make the driveshaft go through the collector.

10. stallion85

I know I will have issues with my exhaust on the pass side due to the pipe runnig along side the 208. With it clocked it will be right in the way of it. I am sure I can figure something out. As for a pan on the bottom I think I can make something myself. So a new front driveshaft and a body lift would be the most I would have to change? Sounds good to me /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd love to see how you managed that, if you could or did take pictures please post them. Moving it 1" to the driver side would greatly decrease the need for cutting and modding. But there is no way it would fit without a lot of modification. I can't say you need to cut, but the way I was beating on the floorboard it creased so I couldn't get the clearance I needed without doing this. Did you clock all the way up? Moving the assembly over an inch will also lessen the need for a driveshaft. With 4" of lift and the Dana 60 my stock shaft was fine, I don't know how it would be now fully rotated but I don't care either, I won't be using that little spicer CV unit with my ratios and 40s.

12. big83chevy4x4

i clocked it all the way up, on the trucks there is a crease under the front of the seat thats about 3" high and 3" wide. that crease is directly where the tcase chain sits. i took a BFH and beat the floor so that its 6 or 7" wide. it fit in there perfectly. also on the trucks if i didn't move the tcase over 1" i would have to find a new place to run my fuel lines. i had about 2" clearance to the gas lines and there was 1 line that stuck out 1.5" for a fitting. so i had on room to route the exhaust over there. i bend the line down and i have about 3.5" clearance. moveing the tcase over messed up my linkage so it binds. im going to pull the lever off the tcase and bend it so its paralell with the shift lever, but i have to drop the tcase to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

i got a few pics when it was done but then my camera craped out on me (had to send it back to the manufactor) so i can't post any pics. i will get more pics when i fix my linkage. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. scoutillac

[ QUOTE ]
    especially since two other breeds that have bad reps for being agressive got them because the germans used them as attack dogs... (germ shepards and Rottys).

[/ QUOTE ] There are 11 dogs on the list. Sheps, rots, am staffs, pits, akita, and more.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

pickup, makes sense now. Yeah I'm not sure what I'm gonna do exhaust wise yet. Have full lengths and just don't know, I will cross that bridge when I get there. Considering shortening the primary tubes on the driverside header so its up high away from trouble then routing the exhaust pipe through the interior(shielding it for the passenger of course).

15. big83chevy4x4

i was thinking about getting a pass side header from a car. i have plenty of room above it now. when i bought my k10 it had headers that were suppose to be for a car and they were high, not even close to the bottom of the frame, the drive side was bad so i threw them both out. i could really use the pass side now /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif ive considered cuting the primaries to shorten the header, by i think im going to heat the header and bend it closer to the frame, i have about 2.5" clearance and only need 1" for the drive shaft. when i 4wd and i punch the gas i get a horible grinding sound, it comes from the drive shaft area. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. stallion85

Does DP90_K5 sell these adapters all the time?? Why doesn't Ck5 put a tech article up or advertise these things?? It sure would be helpful and they are in need of some new tech articles thats for sure /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

17. big83chevy4x4

got a pic of my front drive shaft/ header clearance.

[​IMG]

i took a ratchet strap and pulled the header over to get the drive shaft on.

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hmm hmm hmm, I will try and install my front shaft today, maybe not full install but mock it up and see what clearances there are. My headers hang a little low I know, one of my primary tubes is already "clearanced" cause at stock height with a sway bar that did nothing the front shaft came up and met the header.

19. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

IS there only clearance problems when only using headers? or would you run into the same problem with stock manifolds?? Im thinking of clocking mine but I dont wanna do any crazy fabricating and cutting.

20. big83chevy4x4

AFAIK every one else that clocked there 208 had manifolds or shortie headers and they did not have any clearance problems.

i think i was the first one who did it on a pickup and full lenght headers. im gonna heat my header tommorow and bend it, also lenghten my linkage the 1/2".