Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

those with eagle 589 or other alloy wheels in here

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GONZO2, Apr 11, 2002.

1. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

what do use to clean your wheels?
    i'm starting to get some stains and other surface blemishes on my wheels and was curious as to what works without messing up the finish.

these are eagle 589 high polished alloys.

already tried one small spot with a chrome polish and i think it has too much scouring agent, i can see little swirl marks where i rubbed it in.
    any suggestions
    oh and i will be emailing the wheel manufacturer to for there input also, but i'm sure it will take them a while to get back to me.

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I use the Mother's Wheel Cleaner Polish and it works very well. I don't wash the truck all that aften, so I tend to get serious buildup between wheel cleanings, and the Mother's (and a whole lot of work) get them all pretty again. If you can find an applicator that works with a dremel tool or other high speed tool, you will save your fingers some pain - I usually end up with bleeding finger nails and numb fingers by the time I am done...

As for regular cleaning (when washing the truck), I use Meguiar's Extra cleaner, it seems to work really well...

By the way, I have the Eagle 589s...

3. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info

i'll have to look for some type of soft attachement for my dremmel tool too.

4. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

Eagle One "Never Dull" wheel polish works well too.

Phil

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Either one works good (Never dull or mothers). I have the american Racing Bajas, so they are the same thing. I also have alot of polished aluminum on my boat and those two are the only ones that work good. BTW you think polishing wheels are bad, try my boat. I have a v-drive flat bottom boat, so everything is out in the open so everything needs to look good.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There was a post on here for a homeade aluminum polish that was suposed to be real good that I printed out a long time ago.

Do a search.

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I use X-Treem. Cotton base with chemical in it.

Awesome and easy to use!

I purchased my last tub from Discount Tire.

Do you have a high speed grinder? You can buff aluminum wheels easy with almost any polish once you get a buffing wheel for your grinder. The 7" pads from VA work great. Don't use it on your paint unless you have a variable speed unit.