Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

those with hydro assist and hydro boost...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryan22re, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

what kind of pump are you running? just a stock, modded pump or aftermarket? just a rad hose to extend the filler or some other way to increase capacity? I was thinking of using a later model external resivoir pump. good idea or not?

do you run a cooler? what i have heard, is that the cooler if any, should be mounted on the return side. correct or no? i would guess since its on the return side, it would be ok to use an auto tranny cooler as it wont see high pressure.

have you ever had a problem with the brakes while at low rpm while working the steering?

anybody have any idea what kind of pressure/flow id need to run both assist and hydroboost? or is it not enough to worry about?

thanks in advance.

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

One of my friends has a setup-----------but he spent over $1000 for it to work perfectly w/hydro boost----what they did i dont know. ill see if i can find out---

3. 425 Xpedition

425 Xpedition 1/2 ton status

I have been running Hydro assist with Hydro boost for about 5 years now. I just bit the bullet and bought the kit from AGR. Not the cheapest route but it was a complete kit with everything I needed. I was told by AGR that no modifications needed to be done to the Hydro boost. Also have a tranny cooler on the return hose from the steering box. Been working great and have had no problems.

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i really dont want to spend 1k on an agr setup.

need some more input.

has anyone tried to fit a remote resivoir pump into v belt brackets?

6. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

Stock hydro boost pump, stock hydro boost, 2x8 tractor ram. Picked up a cooler last weekend that I plan on installing on the return side. My pump already had the remote res. I havnt had any issues with it as of yet.

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I am planning on doing this mod soon (hydroboost equipped truck) and have been researching it.

Several people have told me they have this system and it works okay. The only negative I have heard is that it's a little slow at lower rpm. For the pump mods, they are saying you can mod the pump for more flow but NOT for more pressure.