Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

those with IFS lift, could ya go check this for me...

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 55Willy, Aug 31, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

do you have rear blocks? if so could ya measure them for me, are they the true 4" they claim or are they shorter? what brand? and are they angled?

TIA

-Jeremy

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got Superlift rear blocks and I don't have the part # but the application was 83-94 1 ton chevy trucks. There 4.25" and flat, not angled. The ones I had on my old truck were for a 1/2 ton and were angled and were 4" at rear and like 3-5/8" at front.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

4" IFS kits usually run a tapered block in the rear. About 4.25 in the rear and about 3.75 in front, depending on the degree needed. 6" kits use the same and an add a leaf. This is the norm, unless something else is special orderd. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

i had 3" tapered tuff country blocks....i ditched those and opted for a 4" shackle flip, plus the add a leaf

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Jeremy, Tappered and untappered blocks used to be such a confusing situation for me lol becuase of something I was told. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

What I thought is if you have a 4 inch block and its 4inches and tappered at 3 5/8 you will still get a 4 inch lift. Which is right. The confusion started when I was told that that wasnt true. That lift hight would be whatever the tappered side is. For example 3 5/8.

I went to FWPW and asked them to explain it all to me and show me exactly how it goes and they told me that the tappered part is for your pinion angle, and that a 4 inch block does in fact lift your truck 4 inches. Also that there is a such thing as a untappered 4 inch block /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Even though tappered is better for your pinion angle.

I also asked a very nice ck5 member who was very helpful and explained it to me again and it still came out the same. So Im so happy to hear that my 4 inch blocks will work for me /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif And I dont have to try to figure out why my 4 inch blocks wont lift my truck 4 inches LOL! Becuase they will! /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

I hate it when people confuse me by telling me the wrong crapola /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Kind of like another guy who told me that I can only get my brake lines from Pro Comp or one other place but it would be very expensive. Im going down tomorrow to have my brake lines made for me for about 15 bucks a piece. And napa has them as well for around 17.

Oh yeah if anyone needs brake lines and can let you know where to get them custom made at a great price. But of course you have to live in washington since they are in tacoma. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I just went and measured mine and they are the 3 5/8" that taper out to 3 and 7/8th thats why my Jimmy sagged I had to add a 1" add a leaf to get him back up to level with the 4" fronts.

It's good to hear you got it figured out and even better news on the brakelines /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    are they stainless braided or rubber?

-Jeremy

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

As soon as I get them Ill take pictures. I have to bring one of them down to him tomorrow so he makes sure he puts the correct fittings on.