Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

those with rears up front? most common arrangement?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ncgamedog, Dec 16, 2006.

1. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

i have 4" TC ez-rides up front now but i'm ready to switch to rears up front on my k5. what is the most common way of arranging the leafs? i know on toyotas we always run the main and 2nd leaf with the rest of the origanal front pack? do i just run the rears as is or is it better to add a few leaves? i'm looking for something that can be managable on road, stability wise, though i'm aware it wont be perfect. i realy would'nt mind if the truck came down an inch or so also. i do have some 2" lift springs lying around i could bust up to build a pack w/. my blazer is a 78' w/ tons and 39's.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

read my 52" spring swap article in the tech section. It will get you right around 4" of lift... be very flexy etc. Stability on-road can be helped by running the right shocks and/or a anti sway bar if you don't like taking corners slow. Doesn't really bother me.

Another alternative is to run 56s up front.... pretty much the same deal, you just need to relocate the rear shackle hanger to a spot 4" further back than what I talk about in the tech article...

j

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

with 56's you can keep the shackle in the stock location, you just need longer shackles.

4. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status