Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Those with redneck ram

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Sep 13, 2005.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

what size is your steering box tapped for?? And what size is the fitting that is on the other side of the fitting that goes into the box? (if that makes sense :crazy: )
    Thanks
    -Chris

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I just did my own using a PSC ram and the EMS Offroad front cap. The caps are tapped to a 1/4" NPT (same as most boxes) and the ram uses -6 AN fittings. you need two adapter fittings (1/4" NPT to -6AN). Checker performance has aluminum ones, home depot has brass ones.

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I just bought the rocklogic kit and at the box it uses 1/4"NPT into the box and I guess the other fitting is -4. I am hoping my ram has the -6 fittings that are tapped into the actual body of the ram.
    ANYWAYS I ordered the WTO lines because the rocklogics dont have the 90* ends at the box side and the rock hoses are a little small for my taste.
    The -6 fitting loosk to be bigger then the 1/4" NPT thats tapped into my box, hopefully they use the 1/4"NPT to -6 and I can just get them from them.

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The ram fittings are usually hard welded into the body. The -6 is real close in size to a 1/4" NPT.