Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thots on coopers???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pow06er, May 31, 2005.

1. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

For street, snow, slush, rain, ice and occasional mud wat do u think of these tires?

http://coopertires.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=LtTruck&id=190&title=Light+Truck+Tires

they seem to be a good in between an at and a mt....kind of like the DC FCII's

do u think think they would serve my needs?

these coopershttp://coopertires.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=LtTruck&id=271&title=Light+Truck+Tires are cool but dont come in a 33x12.5x15 size

2. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Well I don't know about these, but I had the STT's and man did they wear well. I had a ton of miles on them.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my buddy runs those tires on his DD, it does good for what he uses it for. he has a muddy driveway when it rains and it pulls him through.

if you want a better tire from cooper go with these, i run these on my truck and i like them alot. and if it wasn't for my local cooper dealer, they would be my next set.

4. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Those are the ones I had, and the new version has siping and a decent sidewall tread.

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yea, just too bad they dont have the sizes i want.

6. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

yea i think the 2nd link i posted was of the new discoverer STT's they are very nice they remind me of the toyo mt's

Its between http://www.mastercrafttires.com/us/...odType=LtTruck&id=183&title=Light+Truck+Tires those which are basically the old stt cept they have a cooler sidewall and coursers are still made by cooper too.

Im gonna ask on a bfg mud price too.

If i go mt im gonna need to have them sipe the tires for the snow, rain, ice, slush part

part of me wants me to go with interco's truxs mt's

Sometimes interco doesnt have good quality

7. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

ok anyone like the tread pattern on these?

[​IMG]

8. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I just picked up the Trxus MT's. On road manners are exceptionally good for an MT and quiet. So good I'm a little nervous it might be at the expense of offroad handling. I haven't got to my fender trimming yet to take them offroad. As far as quality, until something goes wrong it's hard to determine, but just with general presentation of the tire, all the cuts were clean without any leftover rubber and what not from the molds. That's generally a good sign.