Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by camok10, May 25, 2004.

1. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

I would like to compile a list of things that you guys have been without that you were previously taking for granted. This is really just to remind all the readers of things that they should be greatful for, (/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif) but generally get overlooked.

I'll go ahead and start:

Towels. Thats right, i spent the last week without any bath towels and it was retarded. I was using old shirts, and paper napkins /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif but this truly is not a laughing matter. it sucked. I had totally taken towels for granted all my life until this last week.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Towels. Thats right, i spent the last week without any bath towels and it was retarded. I was using old shirts, and paper napkins

[/ QUOTE ]

been there, done that. its no fun

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

How 'bout toilets? While I was on Mt. Shasta this weekend I had to pinch a loaf in a Ziploc bag....not fun.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Old Victoria's Secret catalogs, a working pen, clean underwear or socks, gas in the truck in the morning at commute time, hair on your head, a flat stomach, eyesight, ammo, a regular dump, and...........the BOTD.........

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    a list of things that you guys have been without that you were previously taking for granted.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good job...

Sometimes you don't realize how good you had it until you don't have it anymore. I had a great job and a combination of circumstances saw me lose that job. 9/11 was a big part of that, but my own attitude at work played a role too. I got re-hired 15 months ago and now I really appreciate my job, and oddly enough my 'new' attitude at work has created job security, respect and a promotion.

Rene

8. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Spouses. We all have done it. If you stop and think about everything that your spouse does for you, you will realize that he/she really does alot of little things that are very important to us all.

Take the time to thank your spouse for all the little things. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Every time I ever went out on deployment I think of these.

Hot water
    clean clothes
    your own bed
    "real" food
    sleep
    quiet
    the internet
    privacy
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Those are a few off the top of my head. I know unick will understand, and any other military types especially Navy. Good times though /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Texas

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Whiskey... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Breathing. Ran a bad call last week, fatal wreck, no discernable reason or cause, guy my age. Made me realize I LOVE breathing.

13. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

How 'bout a friggin' spare tire?? I have been driving arund on the same 33" BFG's that came on the K5 when I bought it over a year and a half ago. The front right tire wore totally unevenly and before I changed the bearings and rotated it to the back, the outboard 1/4 of the tire had gone completely bald. Well, today on the freeway, that tire blew. No spare, and only about 5' between the left lane and the K-rail. During rush hour (not backed up and slow, but a large volume of high speed traffic), on the blind side of a curve. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The pucker factor was high, but I called AAA and whil waiting for a tow, began desperately calling all the tire shops I could think of to find a 33" spare. No one carries these friggin' tires, in stock, that is. Finally I get ahold of Sears and they have a single General in my size. When the tow-truck guy gets there, we scramble to take off the front right tire, and mount it on the rear so that he can tow my dumb ass to Sears. Well, $135 later, I have a brand new tire, and still no spare. The kicker is, as soon as I finishthe gear swap in my D70 and get it installed, I'll be buying 35" tires. So I'll get maybe 1000 miles on this tire before it gets tucked into the back of the garage???

14. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

being home having my mom do my laundry and cook food and all the good stuff, im out in Il at school its not worth driving 18 hrs for a meal /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

15. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

While I was in Italy - Internet access and telephone in my apartment. Trying to call relatives in the US, while dealing with a 6-hour time difference, from someone else's apartment, gets old REAL fast. Internet is self-explanatory... A car that we could fit more than 4 grocery bags into.

16. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i should probably add the things i take for granted...

friends, my truck (i live in BFE - without it, i'd be a damn hermit), the beach, and string bikinis

17. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

being able to sleep without having things that crawl in the night on me
    not having to listen to some REMF
    getting to do the job we were actually sent for
    and before I was married... a clean woman that spoke english that had teeth

18. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    being able to sleep with a clean woman that spoke english that had teeth

[/ QUOTE ]

There, fixed it for ya. Man, sometimes that was a hard thing to find overseas. Sometimes I just asked them not to speak or smile and let me do what needed doing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

thanks for watchin my six...
    you fixed the post!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Walking... I spent two weeks on crutches last year and got to find out how it felt not being able to do a lot of things that I like to do. I had to skip a wheeling trip because I didn't want to just sit in my truck the whole time. I couldn't keep up with any of my friends at the mall. I couldn't carry anything. hell, I couldn't eat at McDonalds alone because no one would be there to carry my food. Even simple things, like taking a shower, going up a flight of stairs, playing with the dog, and working were hard to do... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

And now, I get to feel every step I take and partake in torture of physical therapy... bah... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif