Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thought i would post this here to.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by monte0172, Jan 15, 2004.

1. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

Hey guys and gals how was everyones holidays??? Well I guess its back to the old blazer we go to finish up last years projects. I have a question about my carb. I noticed that the shaft for the primarys on the baseplate are severely wore out. Now my question is Is there a bushing kit for these or will a baseplate from an older style quadrajet work? I have the original then I have four others quadrajets that are from the late sixties early seventies era with a different style choke. I will include pictures if needed. Thanks for any help.

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

You should be able to use one of your other base plates. Just compare it to the one you are replacing and see if it looks the same. Pretty sure most Q-Jet parts interchange, but I am not 100% sure on that one...

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have found bushings at graingers that will work. the problem I had was trying to find a machine shop that would line bore for me. Most of the machine shops near me wouldn't touch it! I don't know why. I tried doing it with my drill press, but wasn't "perfect" leaked as bad when I was done!