Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thought i'd say howdy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bloodyredbaron, Apr 1, 2003.

1. bloodyredbaron

bloodyredbaron Newbie

thought i\'d say howdy

Howdy Dam**t. I've been lurking around this forum for a few months on and off. I finally got my six lug Jimmy and I figured it was time to sign up. I live in East Texas and grew up here, but lived up in North Park on the Wyoming border. Worked at the Jackson Co SO for a year. Used to spend summers in Durango, ghosting around LaPlata canyon, Vallecito, etc. I just put a new 350 in my Jimmy but might have messed up because she tops out at fifty eight miles an hour. Tons of torque with the 411 gears, but the rpm's are way too high on the interstate. This was going to be a daily driver but she's gonna get me slaughtered on the interstate. The speedo says 80-85 when i'm doing a little under sixty with 31/10.5/15's. Might have to regear, or swap housings. Not looking forward to it. Anyway, love my Jimmy. Good to be aboard... C /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Re: thought i\'d say howdy

Hey, look at the positive side. Now you have an excuse to put some bigger tires on it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

you could just put some 33's on...probably will anyway...or sell them. someone will definately want some 4.11 ten bolts...where in east texas?

4. bloodyredbaron

bloodyredbaron Newbie

naturally the 33's are in the future and there's pleeennnty of room in the wells, but these are new so i'll have to wear them out first, or put them on my swampthang66exbronco. i'm in the conroe area. when i do go with the 33's, you have any idea what i can expect?