Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thoughts about LMC? Debate?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jul 29, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Well, I was sitting here looking at my LMC catalog while doing my daily business. Anyway I have heard either great things, or terrible things about LMC. I have bought a few small things from them and did just fine. I'm going to buy front fenders and the driver side door. I am also going to pick at a few junk yards for some other parts, but I just want other people's opinion on them.

Pedal mashed and KICK'N ASS!
    WFO! Wide [censored]'n OPEN!

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I've had nothing but good luck with them !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

3. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I had a great experience with them. I ordered and got my stuff two days later. The only thing is you have to know exactly what you want(the exact part number). I called and a lady answered the phone. She picks up and says "Hello". Um... Shouldn't you answer something to the tone of "LMC Truck"? She just didn't know too much about trucks and said no one there did but other than that the service was great.

Chad

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

There is a disclaimer i nthe magazine that says to expect some dents in the body panels since they are made overseas. They are probably made of cheaper metal than stock ones....I"d get some good stuff from a dealer, or maybe you'll get lucky and find what you need at a junkyard.

90K5

See my truck at <a target="_blank" href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</a>

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I read the same thing about the small dents and stuff. BUT the door I got from them last month was absolutely perfect. I couldn't believe it.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

are the door prices much less than going from a dealer?? my thought is that if you go from a local dealer you have someone to smack when the door has a dent... all of my panels came from the local GM dealer, didnt have any problems. never orderd from LMC either, so can't tell ya bout them.

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There is no tech support at LMC, but if you know what you're ordering, it's a good place.

Personally, I'd get body parts from JC Whitney. They look great on my friend's truck.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

8. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I've never ordered from LMC, but have always had good experiences ordering from Cheyenne Pickup Parts. Why does barely anyone ever mention CPP if they carry almost the same products as LMC?

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

3 things I don' think bout cheyenne-
    they are only open like 9-6 Central
    there website catalog you have to download EVERY page with Adobe, and third
    last time I called, they guy spent 35 minutes trying to figure out what weatherstripping I was looking for... and then told me uumm it's not in stock.. hows that for customer service!

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305