Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thoughts on Audio

Discussion in 'Audio' started by pauly383, Sep 23, 2005.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I don't know what it is , but I am feeling compelled to get an amp and some subs again . And put better speakers in the 83 .

I have a great deck , and ok speakers . I thought thats all I need in a camping/DD/wheeling truck :D

Maybe a little premature for a mid life crisis , but I felt 19 when I drove the Chevelle home :wink1:

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's another addiction. I know how you're feeling. In my dailly driver, I have a nice headunit, and a sub on a amp. Was okay, but I got wanting more. So I replaced the front speakers with some Infinity Kappa's, sounds much better. I do plan of replacing the craptory 6X9's with some Infinity Kappa's also. I ordered a 4-channel amp too power them. Now I want a crossover too fine tune it all, and atleast a 3.5 farad stiffing cap for the amp on the sub. Does it ever end ?? I doubt it. I know myself, I will keep wanting more and more, LOL. What makes it really bad for me is that I'm on a tight budjet, so I have too build my system one component at a time. It sucks paying bills first, then working on the credit cards, plus now sky high gas prices, ...ect. I want it now, so it's hard for me too wait. Then we got Christmas comming up in a few months, that means more and more debt on my credit cards, witch in turns means a longer wait on some of the audio components for the car. Once I get it all, then there's upgrading too a better 4 channel amp then the one I just ordered, and probley Infinity Kappa Perfects in Q-forms, ...ect. Oh yeah, it won't ever stop. I also want too replace my 12" Kicker L7 with a pair of 12" TREO Engineering SSI subs. I could keep going, but I'll stop for now, LOL.

3. pauly383

First baby step will be to find some new speakers on E-Bay . I am gonna get replacements for the stock locations first , to run off the deck power . Then add amps and subs after that as I can find them cheap . I like e-bay too , there is always someone who needs cash and may part with something cheaply .

I am undecided on brand though . One guy says Memphis , another Infinity , and I heard good things about Audiobahn . I haven't heard any of em yet .

I do know I need good power handling , and great sound .

I was looking at these for the front

And these for the rear

I haven't heard them , but the crossovers , frequency response , power handling , and the fact that they fit , make me want them .

And I can come on e-bay any time I actually have the cash and find them .

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really like the Infinity Kappa's, but for a little more affordable speaker, look into some JBL's.

5. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

I like the infinity reference speakers, You can get them for a good price on ebay. I DO NOT LIKE AUDIOBAHN!!! Havent realy heard anything that sounds good from them.
    something like this
    These sound OK
    This would be a goodAMP
    with one of these orthis
    I think this would sound pretty good in a blazer, and using an 8" sub you could make a box that doesnt take up much room.

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

because admit it, you really like the way mine sounds, and btw, it sounds better now :wink1:

all tha grief you always give me about dumping money into a stereo system, instead of axles,,,,i have tunes,,,loud ones :D

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/

7. pauly383

I like the way yours sounds when ya play MUSIC :haha:

Still , a couple subs and an amp , not a whole room addition in the back of the sub . Ya could of went doubler etc :p:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005