Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thoughts on my 454 swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, I can pretty much say I am done with the swap. It all went very smoothly, and other than the flywheel baloney, I am pretty happy with the way it went. I have my exhaust on it now so she is fully driveable.

I have just three words to say about my first driving impressions after a day of test runs.

Word 1: HO
    Word 2: LY
    Word 3: SH*T!

I cant believe I ever lived without one before! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    The pull this thing has is beyond belief. The low RPM torque is awesome. In 4lo, granny, I idled up this hill at around 300-400 RPM without touching the gas! My 327 would stall out as soon as the ground started to raise! Its amazing. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I cant say enough... but I said I only had three words /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the help guys.

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Mike

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Horay! Thats good it finally worked out for you. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Great news. I have yet to turn the key on my 454 that I put in my 69 K20. It is replacing a tired 307 so I should be smiling like you very soon.

4. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

torque moves mass not horsepower. cubic inches=low rpm torque. two words BIG BLOCK!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

or diesel.../forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

ah yes..

the roar of a open header big block.. some thing about that that sends a chill down my spine a spreads a smile accross the landscape of my face /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think I will go run mine for a minute..oh wait I took the truck apart..damn /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Ahh well soon , I hope I will be cruising in a 2wd first gen with a 454 or a crate 502, nice clean paint and a smooth ready to cruise look..and the top off /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I love living here.. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif I at least have the opertunity to make these dreams come true..one big block at a time /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enjoy it buddy they are ment to to give a smile for every mile /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

I just want a decent set of headers though..all my unplessent driving has killed mine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Mmm...Big Block... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

with gears... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Go do some doughnuts...it's sweet /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Glad it worked out for ya....That is my decision, 455 Pontiac, or 400 SBC /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif