Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thoughts on Patton and pacifism.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Oct 27, 2004.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I was re reading one of my books on General George S. Patton.

He was quoted in the book as saying: " this war was caused by every last one of us. No one spoke out against hitler. if any leader had spoken out about hitler, we wouldn't be fighting this damn war. It is what we did not say that caused this war. In trying to buy peace in our lifetime, we will have to pay the price of losing thousands of our finest young men"...look at pearl Harbor! No one wanted to get into this war! Any fool could see it coming. we let the skunks get under under our front porch, so we had to burn at pearl harbor!".

I thought it was applicable to our current situation in the middle east. All through the ages, the pacifists and the appeasers have caused millions of uneccesary deaths, because of their being too afraid to confront evil.

Cowards are either unwilling or unable to commit violence on behalf of a cause, even if that cause is saving their own skin.

Taking a moral stand against something you are unable to do isn't very impressive. Preaching nonviolence and peace until you are led to slaughter doesn't get you brownie points in heaven either.

negotiating with someone who wants to destroy you only works if you are willing to destroy him first, and he realizes this. This is nuance Mr kerry doesn't grasp.

If I hear the phrase " win the peace" one more time, I'm gonna puke. War is about killing people and breaking things.

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

War is not won by dying for your country; it is won by making the enemy die for his.

Who said that? I can't remember.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was re reading one of my books on General George S. Patton.

He was quoted in the book as saying: " this war was caused by every last one of us. No one spoke out against hitler. if any leader had spoken out about hitler, we wouldn't be fighting this damn war. It is what we did not say that caused this war. In trying to buy peace in our lifetime, we will have to pay the price of losing thousands of our finest young men"...look at pearl Harbor! No one wanted to get into this war! Any fool could see it coming. we let the skunks get under under our front porch, so we had to burn at pearl harbor!".

I thought it was applicable to our current situation in the middle east. All through the ages, the pacifists and the appeasers have caused millions of uneccesary deaths, because of their being too afraid to confront evil.

Cowards are either unwilling or unable to commit violence on behalf of a cause, even if that cause is saving their own skin.

Taking a moral stand against something you are unable to do isn't very impressive. Preaching nonviolence and peace until you are led to slaughter doesn't get you brownie points in heaven either.

negotiating with someone who wants to destroy you only works if you are willing to destroy him first, and he realizes this. This is nuance Mr kerry doesn't grasp.

If I hear the phrase " win the peace" one more time, I'm gonna puke. War is about killing people and breaking things.

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish more people had qualities that he had.......................

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

But isn't the whole war just to for oil?

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    War is not won by dying for your country; it is won by making the enemy die for his.

Who said that? I can't remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

June 1944
    General George S. Patton /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif </font>

Can I get a "Hell Yeah!"? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post, I really like the above comment you made.

We are winning the war on terror, lets keep the enemy on the run and keep killing and capturing terrorist cowards! Islamic terrorists will only listen to strength and become rabid dogs when they smell weaknees.

Bush 04

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

just a bit of info for yall about General Patton....

if you are ever n yuma AZ then you might want to stop by and see the camp he used. he held his troops out there and did desert training for a longe time than normal. no buildings stany any longer, but from the air it is very impressive. i have some pictures at home, but cat get to them.

from what i understand he was ridiculed for trainng therte. he rolled in, set up camp did training and rolled out. you can still tell where everything was. buildings, tents, and fire pits. very nice place to see.
    just so ya know.
    grant