Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thoughts on rough country lift kits

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEWMEXICOK5, May 8, 2006.

1. NEWMEXICOK5

NEWMEXICOK5 Registered Member

what do you guys think of rough country kits?

2. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just put 4" front springs on, and am happy with em so far. Plus they were cheap.

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I put 3" on my '90 K5. I'm happy. Some say they ride rough but a K5 rides rough anyway. I don't really notice any difference from the stock ride.

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Your going to get two types of replies on RC springs. 1, like the two above. I'm included in that group that put a set of 4" springs on mine up front and don't mind the ride. It's stiff, but in my case, not a kidney killer off road. Plus you can't beat the price.

The other type of response you will get is that RC springs are Crap, ride rough and aren't worth a penny. You might notice that this group usually says to use Tuff country, BDS or Deaver springs. All three of which have a softer spring rate than the RC stuff so of course they ride softer and flex better too. You get what you pay for. Expect prices to be anyware from $200 or more for a complete kit with springs and shocks (rear blocks).

It comes down to personal preference and budget. If I had a couple hundred more in my pocket at the time I bought my lift I would have got Tuff country based on what I read here. Fact is, I didn't. I got my RC kit complete with shocks, hardware and a raised steering arm for $295 with Free Shipping. I would have spent more on the Tuff Country and still had to buy a raised arm almost doubling the price I paid for the RC stuff.

Bottom line I'm happy with my RC front springs. (shackle flip on the rear)

5. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just put on six inches of RC front and rear (leaf springs no blocks) I love it we can still get the baby in and out easly and great price too. I love the ride on and offroad

6. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i got the samething and im happy been on there for a little over a year cant really say anything bad about it.

7. Habez

Habez Registered Member

I have the 6" lift with springs all the way around. no problems with it and had it for about 4 years now. I thought it rode kinda rough, but a buddy of mine said mine was smooth compared to his blazer which only had a 4 inch lift. Not sure what kind he had though.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[​IMG]
    nuff said...

9. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Newmexico, call MarBorg, the number is listed above. You can get em cheap there.

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

i like my front springs now that i took one of the bottom leaves out of each side, helped with the "harshness" still rides firm, but won't kill ya now.

as far as flex? don't let ANYBODY tell you they don't flex, i have witnesses that have seen mine flex, and were impressed with what it does.

For the money, it's a decent deal, i personally opted for the rear blocks, and have never had any issues with these either. New shocks, and i bought their extended brake lines,,,, one day job when it all shows up at the same time :D

11. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have had the 4" for a couple years now and they work fine for me.

DVC00142.JPG

DVC00140.JPG