Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thread Size for TBI

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Madbomber88, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know what the thread size is on the Throttle body for the fuel line and return fuel line?

I'm converting my 72 K20 to TBI and want to use Aeroquip's socketless tubing, but need to know what fittings to get, and they list them as NPT and AN. I know the threads are metric.

Thank you in advance.

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

supply line is a 16mm saginaw fitting and the return is a 14mm saginaw fitting. That is what is on the end of the factory TBI fuel lines that go into the adapter on the TB. I dont know what kinda of thread the actaul TB is threaded for. All I know is that they use teflon flat washers to seal

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You can buy the proper fittings from turbocity. They accept a push on hose.

4. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed.
    Next and last question: the feed line is 3/8 and the return is 5/16. Is there anything wrong with replacing the 5/16 one with a 3/8? I can only get the tubing in -6 (3/8) size. What will this affect?

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It'll be fine if you can get it to seal on a 5/16 fitting. Earls do a braided black hose that is 8.9mm i'd which is between 3/8 and 5/16, that's what I use.