Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Threaten your truck with parts, it will fix itself...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 10, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

One of the guys at work was cleaning out his toolbox big time today, he gave me a mass air flow sensor for my pickup(which has been running rich and I can't determine why). So he gives me the thing so I can test it out. The truck it came off of had a hesitation when cold but otherwise was fine. So I figure, alright next time the check engine light is tripped I will throw this thing on, clear the code and see if it returns. So on the drive home the check engine light never comes on(its intermittent but on way more than it is off, one of the pains of this damn problem). So I drove around a bit tonight, the damn thing still hasn't come on. I've definetally put more miles on it than it usually takes to trip back on, and more run time. Its interesting, maybe I should just wave the new mass air flow sensor at it whenever it acts up? :haha:

2. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Shortcut, just wave money at it, maybe it will stop eating.:haha:

3. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

There is a set of bizarre natural laws that seem to dictate that if you can easily afford parts and repairs out of pocket cash, then stuff will rarely break (racing and other severe duty situations not included). However, if money is tight, then things will tend to break down in spades. It's like Ripley's.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah, I can't afford a new mass air sensor, but I have a spare now so it doesn't want to break :haha: I'm just waiting to inspect and sell this damn truck, so I NEED the problem fixed, hopefully it stays that way. Though, my luck it will be fixed until the day someone comes to look at it, BAM check engine light...

5. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

OhKay, here's the secret; you gotta DANCE while waving money at it:haha: