Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Three dead vehicles in a day? Sheer talent folks...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Dec 16, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I ended yesterday by getting my dad's burb fixed and driving 2 hours home in crappy weather....problem solved right? Doesn't start this morning. Cranks, but doesn't start, just like before. Dead car #1.

I get home, turns out while I was gone my dad took my DD in to get aligned....$427 later everything is A-OK :o

I borrow his PSD to go get my trailer today. I had to unload my trail truck because I need my trailer to be empty for tomorrow. I throw a battery in my trail truck...doesn't crank. I check the battery...it's charged. It's probably the starter, but I didn't have time to screw with it. I ran the winch cable over the truck and pulled it backwards off the trailer. Dead vehicle #2.

Since I borrowed the Ford to get my trailer, my dad took my '93 to run errands with...he calls me when I'm on my way back into town. "Ummm...Mike, I think your tranny just went." "Greeeeeaaaaaaaaat. Well, I have an empty equipment trailer, I'll come and we'll load it up."

I get there, and a cooler line is blown. He left the truck running while this is happening to stay warm....in the meantime pumping all the tranny fluid out of the transmission. :crazy: I patch the line, fill it back up...doesn't work. Let it idle, put more fluid in there than I ever thought a 4L60E could dump on the ground and it works. I do a little dance on the inside, ya know the one that you do when you crack the first frosty can of the night, and proceed to take it home with him following me with my trailer. I get home and soon realize that I have no reverse. I put it in neutral and am unable to push it backwards. In order to move it rearward I have to start it, put it in neutral, shut it off, put the t-case in neutral, and then it'll roll. T-case won't go into neutral while running no matter what gear I'm in or whether there is stress on it or not, no amount of throttle will move the truck backwards. Dead car #3. But...the moral of the story is......

I've got a frosty brew in my hand, so everything is alright. :waytogo:

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

umm... better 3 than 4... sonds like 2 could be easy fix's and the third, not so hard, but spendy....
    Grant

3. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

life sure does suck sometimes.

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Goes along with the "when it rains, it pours" saying.

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I'll pm you my cell # for tomorrow when the PSD dies:p:

6. mikey_d05

Suburban had a bad cap, replaced it, fixed that.

Trail truck had a stuck solenoid, hit it with a hammer repeatedly, fixed that.

Shop thinks they know what's wrong with the tranny in my '93....and wants $1600 to fix it :crazy:

No, I'm not comfortable tearing into an auto tranny that I rely on. Looks like I know where the money I make over x-mas break is going. :doah: Now I've gotta hang onto the truck for a while since I can't afford sinking $2k into it and then selling it.

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

That's why you need to get rid of your automatic equipped rigs and go with manual trannied rigs! :D I HATE automatics! Stick-shifted vehicles will never do that to you.

8. mikey_d05

clutch
    shifter
    pedal assembly
    slave cylinder
    sm465/nv4500
    flywheel
    t-case
    driveshafts

Not exactly practical seeing as how I use this truck to get to work and school and I need it fixed yesterday.

9. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Saw that coming...