Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Three Shot to Death at Ga. Courthouse

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This is a sad thing, but too be honest, I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often.

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I heard on the radio that he got the gun from a bailiff or officer in the courtroom. I thought that no one carried in the courtrooms anymore, and if they do and the guy disarmed a bailiff, he's in for some deep sh*t. I don't know which is worse, managing to get a gun in there himself or overwhelming an officer and disarming him.

3. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

hes actually not in deep sh*t hes dead he took the gun from him put to his head and pull the trigger

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

He's done. He killed a judge and a cop. I highly doubt they'll take him alive, I think they'll kill him like a crazed dog.

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

The thing that irks me is how everyone, upon entering the court house, must pass through a metal detector and briefcases are searched yet at the same time a wanted felon can shoot a judge on the 8th floor, run out of the building, shoot several more people, carjack a vehicle in front of the public and the police, drive off and get away. Sometimes I wonder whats the point of even having security checkpoints if it doesnt slow the bad guys down any......

Very sorry to hear about the three murders, what a shame :frown1:

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

And the loss of Barnes is tragic how? I'm glad the SOB is dead!

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

You didnt like the Heatly sentence? Or the sterilization thing? Heatley should have done time, so I disagree with the lenient sentence he got, but I think all cracked out kid abuser/killer moms should be sterilized.

Either way, being glad one of the "good" guys is dead is a little much.

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Oops. I guess that would be the deepest sh*t of all.

And Divorced, why the good riddance post? Maybe I'm missing something, but sounds like those people got what they deserved (maybe even less than they deserved).

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Ahh, okay....................... :rolleyes:

The only courthouse of this size that I am familiar with, the suspect would not have made it outside the building alive.............

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

People kill other people and they don't go to jail, or get a life sentence, because of this judge. Now, some wacko takes out the judge (the same one who apparently doesn't believe in jail time for murder) and a few others and everyone wants him dead? Or sentenced to life? A little hypocritical if you ask me. I say give the killer 4 years of probation, that's what the judge would have gave him!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

That's what has me puzzled, I mean he was on the 8th floor, its broad daylight, courthouses are on a highened security alert because of 9/11 and he drives away in front of everyone.

12. firefighter184

Heatly didnt "murder" anybody. Murder requires intent. Heatly made a very poor choice. Not saying he shouldnt have gone to jail, just that I'm having a hard time with you equating Heatly and this shooter.

Explain "a few others and everyone" please.

Yes, in my opinion, he should face the death penalty because he killed a judge, a deputy, and shot another deputy in the face. This total disregard for human life, as well as a lack of respect for the law, has demonstrated that the shooter is most likely a sociopath, and is definitely a threat to society.

I think you have issues.

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

im with you JEFF. i can picture him riding the elevater listening to musac,waiting to exit the building.:rolleyes:

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

im glad they have a pic of the guy.being 10 miles from detroit,we usually get"6'1 black male,200lbs. last seen wearing blue pants and a dark hooded sweat jacket". THAT narrows it down to a million people.:rolleyes:

15. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

a few others - the other people killed by the crazy that killed the judge
    everyone - society in general

I don't have issues. There was a slight bit of sarcasm and irony blended in with what I said, perhaps it was too dry to have been noticed. I find it ironic that a judge does little to the mother that knowingly killed her infant, yet the killer of the judge will likely die, which is fine as I believe he should be dead. The loss of a lenient judge is no loss as I see it. I believe in strict punishment for those who kill, be it accidental or not, and I would expect myself to be held to those same standards*, as I would also like to see the maximum punishment for anyone should they kill me.

* "and I would expect myself to be held to those same standards" - this has to do with the whole concept of responsible decisions and being held accountable for one's actions

16. firefighter184

Well alright then!:D

17. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

When I seen that you responed I opened it and never expected a response this easy. I may be a bit harsh and sarcastic in how I convey me feelings, which leads to some misunderstandings, but I don't think I want things much differently than others. I hear in the news too often of a mother who kills her children, a crazy who opens fire at ____ place, etc... and our liberal courts let them off the hook because some phycologist says they are mentally unfit. What kind of crap is this and where did the mentally unfit people come from all of a sudden? 30-40 years ago it didn't seem like such a problem, and I blame lawyers and our lenient court system for some of the problems because they will not hold people accountable for their actions. I am sorry for a lot of things I have done, yet I am stilling paying for them/have paid for them. Nobody let me be free from my responsibilties becasue I was "sorry" or "made a bad decision".

18. firefighter184

I think you and I are actually on the same page (or chapter, anyway). Personal accountability. That's what is missing these days. It's always because "I grew up in a broken home" or "Mommy didnt buy me Power Rangers" or "God told me drown my kids"...