Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

throtle body spacer

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by hoppy, Oct 7, 2002.

1. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

does anyone have one in there blazer/tahoe? ive heard there pretty easy to put in and are a noticable increase. i want to put one in my 94 blazer 5.7liter 350. any tips advice?

2. HomeBuilt_95

HomeBuilt_95 Registered Member

I have one on my truck. I put mine on after i built my air intake system though so am not sure if the improvement came from one or the other or both. I have noticed a little more power. My gas mileage has gone up. Most of my driving is in town not highway. My mileage per tank went from about 240/250 a tank to 260/270. On the highway i am sure i would see more difference. A good cheap mod in my opinion.

3. scubastifler

scubastifler Registered Member

4. HomeBuilt_95

HomeBuilt_95 Registered Member

I made my homemade intake by taking the factory air box out. Then i went to the local hardware store in town(builder's warehouse). I got two rubber 4" pvc couplers. Connected one to the air cleaner and the other to the hole in the fender. I got a piece of 4" galvanized stove pipe and connected the two. I have a kn in the air cleaner, so in theory i have a cold air intake. You could use pvc pipe instead of stove pipe but i like the way the shiny stove pipe looks. Total cost $14

5. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

I put one in my 1991 z71 and it did make a slight difference.I ran into a problem with my fuel line though.someone had had it off before and rounded the fitting so not even a flare nut wrench would get it off.Other than that it was fairly easy!