Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Throtle Stuck and Tranny Q

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tecton, Mar 6, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

Last night, i was driving from beckley to a town called bradley, abuot an 8 mile drive all on highway. So the wole way im chasing this vette and we get up around 80-90 when we come to some stop lights....i slow down but dont completely stop cause it changed....i take off and its like i have barely any power left...very slow to accelerate, or i didnt downshft or something....

secondly...my throttle is sticking. I tried kicking it down, but then it does it again...keeps doing it....i turned it off like that once and the motor kept turning after i turned it off and the choke light was flashing with each turn (sounded like a mechanical burp)

any ideas?

2. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

well it sounds to me like your having problems with the linkage on your carb. Since the Kickdown on the tranny and the throttle is on the same basic mount with Edlecrap Carbs. Also you might want to check the shaft that the linkage connects to on the carb, sometimes it will wear out and wobble. Does the engine idle up when slowing down and wait for a few seconds after you stop then idle back down? If so you may be running your truck lean. The deiseling when you kill your truck can come from mainly 2 things and thats your timing being off or running to low of an Octane in your motor.....Hope this helps.

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

my friend mentioned to me on a road trip white puffa out the tail pipe when i let off the gas...said carb was running rich and needed adjusted