Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Throttle body spewin fuel! Help!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Apr 15, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I rebuilt my throttle body today and as everyone said, it was easy. But, I am having some trouble. The fuel feed line on the back of the unit is spewing gas out of both sets of threads. First, I tried torquing both fittings down until I couldnt anymore. That just terned the spew into a squirt. So at the recomendation of a mechanic friend I wrapped the threads of both fittings with teflon tape and put it all back together and torqued the bitches down (I even used a cheater bar...I know bad idea but I was desperate) but it still drips fuel. Anyone have any more advise? I'm gonna be out of town till friday but after that I need my burb to get to school. Any help is appreciated, thx.

2. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't there be some O-rings in the fitting's.
    Colin

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

my kit came with some clear plastic washers that went in there.

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Yah I put them in there too but they kept falling out and its entirely possible that the feed line one fell out while I was putting it back together. I couldn't figure out a way to keep it in there while I was trying to stick the line to the fitting, does anyone know of a trick or something I can put on it to make it stick on something while I'm assembling it? I thought about putting a dab of grease on it but I dont know if it would be safe to do that in the fuel line. Any ideas? Thx